GA-X58A-UD5 boot loop

G

Hello,

I purchased a pc from a private individual that incpororates a X58A-UD5 gigabyte motherboard. It ran great at his home, and at mine.

Now though, suddenly for no reason I can tell, the PC is stuck in a wierd "reboot loop" where it turns on and the fans all spin up, then the Gigabyte bios splash screen appears for about 1 second before the whole thing powers itself off. It then turns itself back on and the cycle repeats endlessly.

I tried disconnecting everything including the USB devices ( keyboard and mouse included), the graphics card, the hard drives...

I have tried removing the 3 sticks of RAM and using only one at a time in the first slot of the first channel...

I have tried removing. waiting, then reseating the CMOS batterry

Nothing I do makes any differrence. I don't understand what's going on here. What can I do?

G

I did that before making a thread :(

watching the debug LED on the motherboard the last number I see is 52, whatever it goes to next is gone too fast to read because thats when it reboots itself.

This is somewhat soul crushing.

bilbat

Splendid
Do you have a case speaker? What's it doing - any beeps, beep every other boot?

52 is the memory test, if it's clearing that, the next code it should actually display, is, I believe, 75, which is the drives initialization - thought knowing the number might help make it 'detectable'...

As it ran there, and ran for you, is there anything you can recall that may have happened, or changed? Driver, s'ware install, storm, power failure? BSOD? One thing to check that may help is to time it with an actual watch - how long from when the phase LEDs flash, and the fan 'jumps' for the first time, until the reboot (PSU sequencing is 'on a schedule' - PSU isn't 'running on time', it does a retry...)? Does it always remain the same, or, left to itself, do the reboots start coming closer and closer together?