Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Download usb driver for samsung galaxy GT5830

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 20, 2012 11:07:14 PM

Hi,

do you know of a USB driver for this phone (Galaxy ACE GT5830).
I can't get Samsung's Kies software to work and install and this is supposed to "contain" the drivers inside it.

Thanks

Claude Hayward
a b \ Driver
July 21, 2012 11:22:00 AM

Claude Hayward said:
Hi,

do you know of a USB driver for this phone (Galaxy ACE GT5830).
I can't get Samsung's Kies software to work and install and this is supposed to "contain" the drivers inside it.

Thanks

Claude Hayward



http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads
m
0
l
July 21, 2012 10:27:44 PM

Thanks I had looked already. The Samsung site only offers the Kies software (one big file that I cannot install) and hence generates no drivers. There is no separate USB driver download for smartphones on their site.

Anyone have any other ideas for the GTS5830i, Galaxy Ace?

Claude Hayward
m
0
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
July 22, 2012 9:36:59 AM

Claude Hayward said:
Thanks I had looked already. The Samsung site only offers the Kies software (one big file that I cannot install) and hence generates no drivers. There is no separate USB driver download for smartphones on their site.

Anyone have any other ideas for the GTS5830i, Galaxy Ace?

Claude Hayward

Then, what is the reason it does not install ?
m
0
l
August 1, 2012 2:48:32 PM

Having had no suggestions on the driver only solution, I reinstalled XP SP3 and after it had chugged through that Samsung Kies did install and presumably provided the drivers.

thanks
m
0
l
August 11, 2012 5:20:05 PM

Does anyone know the driver needed to make the phone appear as a disk drive for the simplest file transfer operations.
m
0
l
December 19, 2012 6:00:07 PM

Claude Hayward said:
Thanks I had looked already. The Samsung site only offers the Kies software (one big file that I cannot install) and hence generates no drivers. There is no separate USB driver download for smartphones on their site.

Anyone have any other ideas for the GTS5830i, Galaxy Ace?

Claude Hayward



Hi there, I had same problem with Kies, change the destination folder and that is it, I put in My Documents ana it is working now. :bounce: 
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b Ô Samsung
December 25, 2012 10:42:19 PM

SadhuSd said:
Hi there, I had same problem with Kies, change the destination folder and that is it, I put in My Documents ana it is working now. :bounce: 




How do you do that?
m
0
l
June 14, 2013 7:13:58 AM

you can download USB driver for samsung galaxy GT5830 by go to official Samsung website then go to support section and search on your phone

you can see this article to know how to download it
Download Samsung GALAXY Ace
m
0
l
August 17, 2013 8:17:46 AM

The software installer for the driver can be found in the Kies package. It installs by default into :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\USB Driver\SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

If you have issues installing Kies, re-install java (http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp).

CGB.
m
0
l
!