Solid State Hybrid Drive

skrg12

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
hey have any one used the Solid State Hybrid Drive , how does they perform is it as good as the ssd
also wat is the system ratings do u get out of them your windows experience index

laurezard

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Hi, I just ordered one from newegg.com. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148591
They're on sale now about $60 off for a total of only $90 bucks. With this sale price (not the normal retail price of about $150), the per gigabyte is about twice as much as a traditional HDD, but the performance, from what I understand, is much better. The one I linked to can beat some pure SSDs in write speeds, but usually isn't as fast.

However, even though it isn't as fast it's much better than a traditional HDD from what I've read. At the retail price of $150, you could buy a SSD that only has 1/8 the storage compacity. And the one I linked you is more than 33% off, so it's that much of a better deal.

Basically a hybrid drive gives you way more storage and comparable performance to an SSD for the same price. It won't be as fast as possible, but you pay hundreds of dollars less.