Sign in with
Your question

Bios see hard drive but win 7 does not

Last response: in Systems
December 31, 2009 1:57:57 PM

HI ALL !!

Win 7 32 bit suffered a forced shutdown (ie8 froze) it won't reboot worse it does not see my harddrive. All i get is a blank screen odd thing is HDD shows up in bios hitachi 500gb,this is my boot HDD but win 7 can't see it.
PC specs Motherboard asus p5q3, 3gb ddr3, ati 4830 1gb garphic card sound card etc.
also have an external HDD 500gb seagate free agent go that was not connected at time of crash win 7 does not see it either this has all my backup

Thank in advance
and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

More about : bios hard drive win

a b B Homebuilt system
January 1, 2010 1:53:48 PM

Power on pc, press a key printed on screen for bios, load bios default, set up boot order, save & exit.

FLOPPY
CD/DVD
HDD

Go back to bios to verify that all connected hdds exist, then exit bios and boot up W7.

Describe what's on the screen.
January 2, 2010 6:01:58 PM

HI ALL

Had a great idea this morning take my Harddrive down to Pc world and let there tech guys have a look at it.They had it for about 3 hrs and ran all the system checks and systems repair on it and handed it back and told me that everything was ok. That all the problems as they say where fixed ??? and it was good to go, so i headed for home with high hopes. Reinstalled my harddrive in my case and hooked everything backup turned it on to be greeted by.... that blank screen and flashing cuser that i have been looking at over these last few days.
January 5, 2010 8:35:30 PM

Hi all

Right..... here how. 1st go into your Bios and change your boot device to your CD-ROM so that it shows as your 1st boot device (it will only hang if you leave it as your harddrive)

2nd stick in your win 7 dvd/cd it should take you to the install screen. Pick repair move down to the DOS-COMMANDS TYPE IN bootrec/fixboot and press enter reboot PC and it should startup... me i picked run Memory Diagnostics and put in a System Restore and took it back a couple of points.

3rd Reason a forced shutdown reboot takes out your reboot manager ( REBOOT MGR ) and causes it to hang when you reboot.. system repair does not see it but DOS does.

Enjoy
!