Graphics card help

Decist

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
About my PC:
My computer couldnt run any high graphics games like COD5 and 6. I can play COD 4 using the lowest reso and graphics settings. I just want some ideas on what should i do to make my Computer fast enough to meet the minimum requirements for these games.

This are my computer specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz
CPU Speed: 2.00 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.5 GHz
RAM: 2.0g (I have 1 gig + 2 gig ram but it only shows two gig, i have no idea why)
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600)
Video Card: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4150)

Video RAM 256.0 MB
3D Yes
Hardware T&L Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0

The game said that i need pixel shader version 3.0 but i dont know what video card i should get.
Sound Card: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio

Hard Disk: 120gig

Power Supply: 350 WATS

mfarrukh

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
My little brother has the same system specs but a little higher CPU (a little)
He has 350 Watt Power Supply
He has Radeon 4650 HD.
It plays every single game out there with maximum settings at 1280x1080
Go for it.
You won't regret it

Decist

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Thanks for the opinions guys but i have one more question.

I have 2 PCI Ram cards, one is 1 gig and the other one is 2 gig. I put both of them together in my CPU pci-e express slots and it only shows 2 gig i wonder why? its suppose to be 3gig

deadlockedworld

Distinguished

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about. Thats not bad, but you should probably do some reading or post a picture.

You want to 1) buy the Corsair 400CX for $39 on newegg, then 2) get a 4670 graphic card. Its a great value at about $60 online.

If you wanted to spend more you could get a better graphic card with that power supply, but how much you spend on that is entirely dependent on how serious you are about gaming.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I think the confusing part was that you said PCI rams earlier. And said you put them in PCI express slots. The pci express slot is where the graphics card goes--not where ram goes.

If you are just talking about system memory it is always better to use ram of equal size together. If you have to put two sizes in at once put the bigger one in the first slot.