Status
Not open for further replies.

BoRealBobadilla

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Hey guys, quick question. So, I'm choosing components for the WC rig I'm building, I've decided to go with the CPU-370 as my CPU block, and I haven't decided anything else yet.

I'm trying to pick a tubing, but the tubing diameters and barbs are confusing me. I read the sticky about choosing parts and I'm still stumped. What is a good I.D. for tubing? I obviously want to have enough flow to get through a CPU, Dual GPU, Mobo block, pump, and dual rads; but I don't want to have too much flow where it starts to slow down.

Can someone help me with choosing a diameter? I'm sure it's a simple solution but I want to do this right.

Thanks!

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
the fitting size is the key to tubing size most componits have a g1/4 fitting size that is equal to a 3/8 ID tubing size if you want thick wall tubng than the tubing size would be 3/8 ID 5/8 OD and the same for compression fittings or 3/8 barb fitting.

if you hardware is G3/8 fittings this is only high end hardware that will have this size the tube size would be 1/2 ID 3/4 OD.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd say tubing size is all about users aesthetics and how the layout of the tubes will be. If you have tight bends - thicker walled tubing is preferred.

ID is Inner Diameter
OD is Outer Diameter

always choose tubings sizes according to fittings dimensions.
i.e: 1/2" ID 3/4" OD compression fittings will need 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing. If its barbs that you fancy then only choose the barbs according to the ID of the tubing.

might also want to knock up martinsliquidlab site to understand just how much flow is compromised on lower dia/bore tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.