Got a gig-p55a-ud4p cheap

ronss

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
got me a gigabyte ga-p55a-ud4p, on newegg they sell for $184....

well, went to frys electronics, and they had this board bundled up in the price slashed section....wrapped in anti-static envelope, everything included expect the box...they had it for $95 off....and i got this board for $85.55.....what a steal....i have it installed and runs great.....nice saving a $100..

bilbat

Splendid
Dammit - I'm getting sick of hearing this Fry's jabber - everyone says their prices are usually good, and somtimes great; and their service, from what I hear, is exemplary - if they sell you a 'bundle', they'll actually know it works, and either get it working for you, or take it back, without a restock, for credit on anything else!!

...and there isn't one within a hundred miles of me!! :cry:

bilbat

Splendid
Gave me an idea, though... If the banking situation wasn't so 'tight' for business loans these days, mightn't be a bad idea to think about opening a franchise, centrally between Green Bay, Madison, and Milwaukee - make a lot[i/] of people happy to actually be able to buy their stuff from a human being (well, a close facsimile, anyhow [:bilbat:2] ), face-to-face! I get really good service from NewEgg, but I can't just 'drop in' to pick up that adapter I didn't know I needed; and their prices, though pretty good, are often not exactly the lowest... !?! Hmmm... [:bilbat:1]