Higher clocks with phenom ii with ACC enabled?

rambooc

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I have an phenom ii 565 dual core and when i hit 4.2 ghz without ACC, I bsod when loading. When I turn ACC function on, I can reach 4.4ghz. I want to know why this is happening. Btw, I cant read my temps with ACC on, any suggestions?

ACC unlocks additional cores. It's no longer a supported CPU for the temp program and the core temps readings don't work. Don't worry about it, use the board temp sensor.

As for why it boots, probably using a different core or some random thing. It's HIGHLY unlikely that it's stable at that speed, especially if it's not at 4.2. You need to run prime 95 for several hours

4.0 unlocked to a quad would be very good for that CPU. My 555 can't get past 3.7 when unlocked even though the temps are fine, no matter how much voltage I give it.

rambooc

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I have the sabertooth 990fx so when I activate ACC, I put it on manual mode so i can keep it at dual core. I currently have my processor clocked in at 4.3ghz now and it has bsod once yet. So Im thinking That if you turn ACC on but keep the extra cores off you can ovc a little more.

hmm interesting fluke. Yea. I can activate my cores individually to. just no reason not to run it as a quad