Sign in with
Your question

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE

Last response: in Motherboards
July 25, 2010 4:42:45 AM

Hello,
what is the difference in the mother boards >> P6td deluxe and the p6t v2 is the p6td deluxe better or older or what, and can you answer me in a way that a none tech will understand please... ty

More about : whats difference

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 25, 2010 5:50:30 AM

mikeyspc said:
Hello,
what is the difference in the mother boards >> P6td deluxe and the p6t v2 is the p6td deluxe better or older or what, and can you answer me in a way that a none tech will understand please... ty

Both boards have the x58 chipset and will perform the same. The boards have the same warranty. The deluxe may offer added feature such as additional SATA ports for example. Perhaps even an upgraded sound chip, I haven't compared the two boards in question. Reading some reviews may help you decide which model is best for your needs.

Reviews

m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 25, 2010 5:56:16 AM

The only real difference I saw between the two was that the P6TD Deluxe has Stack Cool 3+, which cools some onboard components a bit more, while the P6T Deluxe V2 only has Stack Cool 2 which is not as good as SC3+ I'm supposing.
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 25, 2010 6:06:51 AM

Apparently the P6tD deluxe has a BIOS improvement over the original deluxe release. Any enhancements available to the BIOS to improve overall performance is of interest to me. May not be of any value to OP.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2009/12/1...

Quote:
Custom PC gave the P6TD Deluxe a Premium Grade award and at bit-tech we'd give it the same recommended stamp as well - just like the original P6T Deluxe. Asus may have been lazy with not refining the layout after removing bits, but the subtle upgrades and tweaked BIOS seem to do it justice, as it's clearly an X58 performance leader.

My thoughts. The same BIOS versions are not available with other X58 boards? Perhaps this board has superior voltage regulation and enhanced BIOS tweaks available with an enhanced BIOS available exclusively to the model.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 25, 2010 6:13:08 AM

Then OP might as well get the P6TD which is cheaper after rebates anyway.
m
l
!