Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CD-Rom not recognizing data CD format

Last response: in Windows XP
July 21, 2012 8:20:14 PM

Hello,

I recently purchased an audio CD containing 74 songs while traveling in East Africa. I assumed the disc was burned in .mp3 format but my CD-Rom does not recognize the audio files on my computer. In properties it shows the CD is near full capacity but no songs are recognized and scanning the CD for threats shows there to be 74 files on the disc. So I believe all of the music is on the CD but for some reason my computer doesn't recognize the files. Is this simply a strange file format? Is there a codec or driver that can fix the problem? Thanks for the assistance.

Best solution

July 22, 2012 10:10:11 AM

mitchelljm08 said:
Hello,

I recently purchased an audio CD containing 74 songs while traveling in East Africa. I assumed the disc was burned in .mp3 format but my CD-Rom does not recognize the audio files on my computer. In properties it shows the CD is near full capacity but no songs are recognized and scanning the CD for threats shows there to be 74 files on the disc. So I believe all of the music is on the CD but for some reason my computer doesn't recognize the files. Is this simply a strange file format? Is there a codec or driver that can fix the problem? Thanks for the assistance.

CD's are Universal, can play on any CD Player, from anywhere in the world.

(Under the Red Book Standard, laid down in 1982, any CD made anywhere in the world must play in any CD player, anywhere in the world.)

Search & download latest codec pack.
July 22, 2012 11:45:42 AM

It is a region thingy, your country is not in the same region as where you bought the CD. You won't be able to play the CD.

July 22, 2012 4:12:27 PM

TenPc said:
It is a region thingy, your country is not in the same region as where you bought the CD. You won't be able to play the CD.

Regions are for DVD not CD
!