SM Bus Controller missing, Windows Xp

Hello,
I am redoing my dads pc and ran into a big problem. I just installed window xp Service pack 3 and now the internet wont work, it says in the Device Manager that I am missing the Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus, Other PCI Bridge Device, SM Bus Controller and the Video Controller. The PC is a HP s5000 series before the virus attacked it the deleted everything on the PC, now I am trying to fix it. Can anyone help please? and Thank you!
26 answers Last reply
More about controller missing windows
  1. do you know how I can get the internet working tho?
  2. Download the ethernet driver from another computer to a usb thumb drive and install.
  3. you have to have windows 7 to download these, do you know where I can get a free download for windows 7?
  4. You need to pay for windows 7!
  5. you have to have windows 7 to download these < any computer will download the drivers.
  6. windows 7 was on the PC but they took everything off of it, should it still be on there somewhere, if so where, on the bottom of the tower theres 3 stickers AMD, NVIDIA, and Windows 7
  7. when i tryed it said your operation system does not support
  8. should it still be on there somewhere,no they probably wiped it out.
  9. HP Pavilion Slimline s5700 Desktop PC series
    HP Pavilion Slimline s5700 Desktop PC series » Choose another product
    » Create a personal product profile (Why register?)

By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP Software License Agreement.
    Choose your software/driver language:
    Submit

Select operating system
    » Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
    » Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
  10. Is there a windows 7 key sticker anywhere?
  11. so in order to fix it, i need windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit Right?
  12. yes on the side of the tower
  13. You need the install key.
  14. Do you have a windows 7 install disc.
  15. and the product key is on there to ya, can you help me?
  16. is the install key, the product key?
  17. http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

As long as you have a legal 7 key you can download the iso and burn it with imgburn on another computer.
  18. no i do not, should they have gotten one when they bought the pc?
  19. i promise there a sticker on the side, its got like 2 bar code looking things it says windows 7 home prem OA hp the bar code lookin thing, the produck key another bar code them more numbers
  20. http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

As long as you have a legal 7 key you can download the iso and burn it with imgburn on another computer.

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Download the iso for the version you need and burn with ^
  21. ok so i went there download that, so in my download thing, i need to move it to my USB sandisk right?
  22. ok so i put in on my scandisk, now i am going to see what happens from here
  23. ok it says Sorry! Your software installation cannot complete Insrall Q is unable to complete the installation. Please retry again after checking : *your internet connection is working properly. (Which it is not) * your firewall or antvirus software is configured to allow InstallIQ. so now what, I can not connect it to the internet???
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Bus Controller Windows XP