Sign in with
Your question

My compac computer does not recognize the \'D\' drive.

Last response: in Windows XP
July 22, 2012 1:37:01 AM

I have always used the "D" drive on my Compaq Presario SR1020NX computer and within the last two weeks it stopped working. I always use it to download printer software, new programs, etc and after inserting the CD in the "D" drive, it would make a whirring sound, a little orange light would come on, and all would be well. Now it does nothing. How can I repair this or where can I go online to obtain the driver to get the "D" drive working again.

Doug Slack
dslack1963@yahoo.com

More about : compac computer recognize drive

a b \ Driver
July 22, 2012 4:33:00 PM

dslack1963 said:
I have always used the "D" drive on my Compaq Presario SR1020NX computer and within the last two weeks it stopped working. I always use it to download printer software, new programs, etc and after inserting the CD in the "D" drive, it would make a whirring sound, a little orange light would come on, and all would be well. Now it does nothing. How can I repair this or where can I go online to obtain the driver to get the "D" drive working again.

Doug Slack
dslack1963@yahoo.com

Optical drives don't last forever. Maybe it has run its course. Or, Insert some type of media, then bring up disk management, and make sure the drive has a valid drive letter, or maybe the transfer mode has changed DMA/PIO, or maybe you can find a solution here. http://www.the-predator.com/dell/detect.html#1-0-15
m
l
July 23, 2012 9:29:37 AM

On Thursday, Apr 24, 1995, a U.S. government signature signing up was registered for SCRATCH GUARD by LISCO, INC., Polk 33634. The USPTO has given the SCRATCH GUARD signature sequential variety of 74665424.
Thank.
scratch guard
m
l
!