Does Nvidia 3d vision glasses supports in normal monitor

max1989

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
The requirement they are asking is 3d ready certified monitor which has 120hz refresh rate. But in India we dont have 3d ready certified monitor. I dont know why nvidia released 3d vision glasses when there are no monitor. Anyway i use a LCD monitor with 60hz refresh rate. Does this monitor support 3d vision glasses.

As of now i am using red blue glass (anaglyph) but 3d quality is poor thats why i want to buy Nvidia 3d vision

3d drivers are successfully installed and are working, I use windows 7, GTX260 graphics card, the only problem is monitor

As i understand it it has to be 120Hz capable as the tech runs two sets of 60Hz images slightly out of sync and the glasses run in time to block each eye in turn so each eye only ever see's one image and then your brain translates that into a 3D image.

Mactronix

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Mactronix has it right nvidia's 3d uses shutter glasses for the most accurate 3d image you can do for todays tech, although nvidia has support for a red, blue 3d(not quite sure what type of glasses are required for it, i wish they had Circularly polarized glasses support cuz i have those just laying around) setting did also but the shutter glasses require the 120hz monitor.

ionno where magic pants has his info but the refresh rate on a CRT would have to be much higher then 100hz or that would have to be a small sized screen for a crt to product 2 images fast enough, more or less i think that bit of info is wrong.

blueangel

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
Yes 100hz crt will work, its listed under the main page and dell makes a 100hz 17"crt, it is the only one I know of

also 60hz monitors would work theoretically if you modified the drivers to allow them, but the image would be so choppy and blurred I would not recommend it. Also as a med student I would imagine that depending on the person one might see the two 30hz images as two separate images or a single 3d image, 30hz is quite slow when compared to what the human eye.

My recommendation is if you can not get a lcd 120hz in india mail order one in, shipping will be a little much, but if you have enough money for 200 dollar toy you should be able to afford the postage.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
200dollar toy? it's mopre like 300 400, cuz you need to get the ir blaster and shutter glasses from nvidia. And the monitors are usually 300ish in cost US so it's totally more expensive then that lol.
interesting that they added support for a crt monitor at it shoots an image from top to bottom and hz just is a matter of how fast it can do it in a second so if it choped it to 50 fps per an eye do you still get a flicker on some monitors lol?

Yea it dosent sit right with me either, guess it works but its not the optimum experiance. I would also think that as said depending on the person you could get one hell of a headache trying it this way.

Mactronix