Sign in with
Your question

What all will work with windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
July 22, 2012 2:39:14 AM

Pretty much my father has an old windows xp pc that he has but it runs kinda slow because of the hardware and I have a partially "built" (Prebuild that I salvaged parts out of to make my ghetto pc that I have today) I was just wondering if the parts in the pc will play nicely with xp

Cpu = Phenom x3 @ 2.1ghz
Ram = 3gbs ddr2
harddrive = going to be ripped out of old xp pc and slap it right on into the new one (because remember when I build / upgrade my pcs im ghetto like that) if all the connectors will play nicely (another thing I need to know before doing this but I can figure out on my own)

graphics = n/a (broken graphics card in it which is the reason I could start salvaging parts) If anyone knows any cheap like under 50 dollar graphics cards that would work if you guys think everything will play nicely in here I could use that would be great (nothing fancy something that will just give a 1280x800 display not really gonna be used for gaming but maybe watching movies)

thanks guys :) 

More about : work windows

July 22, 2012 2:44:58 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Do you have a pcie slot avail?

hahaha wow I'm stupid I should of included that I have a pcie slot in the pc the hard drive will move to.
m
l
Related resources
July 22, 2012 2:55:12 AM

What monitor hookup option are you using vga,dvi,or hdmi?
m
l
July 22, 2012 3:12:59 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
What monitor hookup option are you using vga,dvi,or hdmi?

vga (I'm assuming since you haven't said anything about how something won't work everything is fine)
m
l
!