Solution

it's a two fold reason probably, one because AMD owns ATI and because with LGA775, NV stopped making a lot of chipsets for AMD since they didn't have the enthusiasts market

yeah, the ASUS should be fine, and i didn't even notice that the GTX460's can't be used in tri-SLI i am so used to ATI doing tri-quad almost anything mid range and higher

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Its good for what you want, perhaps look into the ASUS Crosshair 4

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131644

alot more expensive but the best you can get if your willing to splash the cash.

If you notice on the right hand side of the page there is a "specifications tab" if you look for this on any website youll be able to see if it supports x16 x16 lanes.

And yes x8 x8 will bottleneck the card as it only works at half the capacity.

I stupidly installed my 5770 in an 8x lane and it was slow as anything. when i moved it up it was proper fast.

it's a two fold reason probably, one because AMD owns ATI and because with LGA775, NV stopped making a lot of chipsets for AMD since they didn't have the enthusiasts market

yeah, the ASUS should be fine, and i didn't even notice that the GTX460's can't be used in tri-SLI i am so used to ATI doing tri-quad almost anything mid range and higher

Solution