Sign in with
Your question

New build

Last response: in Systems
January 1, 2010 4:46:17 PM

My first post, here goes,

I,ve bought these parts and hope to put it together Tomorrow proving I get the case in the post. Any suggestions plkease feel free to post.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 3400 X4 965 125W
Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
Graphic Card: 1 x Sapphire Radeon HD5870 mit 1GB
Solid State Drive: OCZ 120 GB Vertex
Power: Corsair 840W HX
Ram: Corsair DDR3 1333MHZ 8GB KIT OF 4 DDR3 1333MHz 8GB
Antec Twelve Hundred Gaming Gehäuse
LG GH22LS 22x DVD+-RW DL.
................................................................................................................................
Looking at buy a second SSD or 4 WD wd velociraptors for raid 0 setup.
Waiting for the Case to come through the post. :bounce: 

More about : build

January 1, 2010 5:32:43 PM

when your going into a new build what i would do is first get everything out of the boxes and layed out in some order.

shove the boxes aside, put the motherboard in front of you and on top of the antistatic foam that comes with it.

next depending on what CPU cooler you plan to use i would apply the thermal paste to the CPU(it might come pre applied to the cooler). (note: when applying it you don't need much just a thin layer even layer over the heat sink).

after you finish that in stall the CPU. for AMD that means pull up the retention bracket, the triangle on the socket up, then click the retention bracket back down.

next i would install the cooler. depending on what you get there will be different methods just read the directions that come with either the cooler or CPU.

next i would install the RAM. these take all of three seconds. just push the tabs on the sides of the DDR3 sockets back, line up the notches and push them down into the board simple.

before you put the semi completed motherboard in the case. install the PSU all that entails is sliding into place then screwing in the 4 screws at the back.

for a 1200 case i would follow this by taking out a hard drive cages and installing any optical drives or HDDs.

next slip the motherboard on top of the risers and screw in the nine screws to lock it in place.

after this you just insert any expansion cards, connect any and all drives, and plug in the power cables.

just a few tips for the build make sure to ground yourself it isn't fun to blow a part from static electricity. also if you system doesn't do anything the first time you hit the power button don't panic it just means your missing a connection. i double check the polarity on your power switch. i have reversed this plenty of times. while it doesn't hurt anything, it will make you think something is broken.

anyways good luck and have fun!
!