[General Discussion] Regedit.msc and Device Manager

RustySky

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Good day to everyone,
I am Using Windows XP SP3. I got these problem that occur last month on my PC... still now i got the same problem... at first i can access my Gpedit.msc and Device Manager. in the long run i Can't manage to access my Gpedit.msc and Device Manger. Running devmgmt.msc and gpedit.msc the window tab won't show or display just like nothing even error message does not show. Anyone has these problem or anyone can tell me some solutions...

Solution
I'm guessing you already tried running them directly from System 32. (if not go there and see)
Also, try a chkdsk (/f, /r) from cmd.
Or try a SFC /scannow in start>run.

Ok, now look in Event Viewer to anything related, so maybe we can figure out what's related to.

Do they do the same in Safe mode?
I don't usually recommend this, but as a last option, U can try replacing them and their *.dll files.
They should be found on Win XP cd, and maybe backups on your PC too.
I know the *.dll 's of them could be found in Dll Cache folder, once you change in Folder options the "Show hidden files", and uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files" U can see the Dll Cache folder in System 32.

also, post if U find anything in Event Viewer...

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Stop using commands in the Dos box.

You will need to do a Repair of your OS. Easiest way is to insert your installation disk at desktop then do an UPGRADE. Your current files will not be deleted.

RustySky

Honorable
May 24, 2012

do i need to repair it on Boot process or a can i do the GUI thing...

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
I'm guessing you already tried running them directly from System 32. (if not go there and see)
Also, try a chkdsk (/f, /r) from cmd.
Or try a SFC /scannow in start>run.

Ok, now look in Event Viewer to anything related, so maybe we can figure out what's related to.

Do they do the same in Safe mode?
I don't usually recommend this, but as a last option, U can try replacing them and their *.dll files.
They should be found on Win XP cd, and maybe backups on your PC too.
I know the *.dll 's of them could be found in Dll Cache folder, once you change in Folder options the "Show hidden files", and uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files" U can see the Dll Cache folder in System 32.

also, post if U find anything in Event Viewer!

:hello:

Solution

RustySky

Honorable
May 24, 2012
4k2fftxu3

i think even Component Services, Computer Management, Event Viewer, Services, Performance, Local Security Policy and my Data Sources won't show windows... double clicking does not do anything... anyone know how to fix these sort of problem... :D