OC Advice needed please

First off I would like to thank Tom's Hardware and the help I've received from the community with coming up with this build. I may not have followed the advice to the letter but it opened my eyes to a lot of things concerning PCs. You know people are starving while we're buying computers so we might as well make the best buys possible and help those in need as a testament to our satisfaction of getting someone great for a great price.

So with that being said I'd really like to know how far I can overclock this setup I have here. I knew before I bought it that the i5-3570K is known to heat up at 4.5GHz or higher but that a Ivy at 4.5GHz is equal to a Sandy at 4.9GHz.

What I'd like to know is how far I can overclock the rig SAFELY (especially the CPU and GPU) and how far would be going too far?

Here's my system:

[CPU]

• Intel Socket 1155 Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz CPU

[CPU Cooler]

• Cooler Master V6 GT with 6 6mm Heatpipes

[MOBO]

• Asus Maximus V Gene Intel Z77 Chipset M-ATX

[GPU]

• Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 1GB nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti GPU

[RAM]

• Corsair CML16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

[SSD]

• Corsair CSSD-F120GB3-BRKT 2.5" Force Series 3 120GB SATA6G SSD

[Cooling]

• 6x Cooler Master 120mm Blade Master Fan

[PSU]

• Corsair GS800 Gaming Series 800W PSU

[Chassis]

• Corsair CC-9011014-WW Carbide Series 300R No PSU ATX Black

[Display]

• LG D2342P-PN 23" 3D LED Full HD

Thanks in advance guys. You the best.
1 answer Last reply
More about advice needed please
  1. noone will be able to tell you. its all down to your individual cpu, you should know that.

trawling google is the only way you could get a rough estimate of the speeds you can get out of that chip.
    Good luck
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking