Windowssytem32configsystem file missing or corrupt

----------------------

When I try to boot up with the A drive as the first drive
to try I get
Windows\sytem32\config\system file missing or corrupt
message and it will boot up no further.
If I change the ist drive on boot up to the CD-rom drive
with Windows XP in the drive-There is obviously a delay
while the computer recognises the cd and asks to press
any key for CD use. I do not press any key and behold the
computer boots up. If there is no cd in the drive, I get
the file message.

This seemed to coincide with trying to update my Bios
which would help the installation of SP2. This was not a
success-boot up has been very slow since uninstalling SP2.
2 answers Last reply
More about windowssytem32configsystem file missing corrupt

    iAN wrote:
    > ----------------------
    >
    > When I try to boot up with the A drive as the first drive
    > to try I get
    > Windows\sytem32\config\system file missing or corrupt
    > message and it will boot up no further.
    > If I change the ist drive on boot up to the CD-rom drive
    > with Windows XP in the drive-There is obviously a delay
    > while the computer recognises the cd and asks to press
    > any key for CD use. I do not press any key and behold the
    > computer boots up. If there is no cd in the drive, I get
    > the file message.
    >
    > This seemed to coincide with trying to update my Bios
    > which would help the installation of SP2. This was not a
    > success-boot up has been very slow since uninstalling SP2.

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
    Starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

    How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having
    both at once. - RAH

    "iAN" <ebiz4u@gmail.com> wrote:

    >When I try to boot up with the A drive as the first drive
    >to try I get
    >Windows\sytem32\config\system file missing or corrupt
    >message and it will boot up no further.

    See "How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Boot CD-Rom Windows XP