Windowssytem32configsystem file missing or corrupt

October 2, 2004 5:15:50 AM

----------------------

When I try to boot up with the A drive as the first drive
to try I get
Windows\sytem32\config\system file missing or corrupt
message and it will boot up no further.
If I change the ist drive on boot up to the CD-rom drive
with Windows XP in the drive-There is obviously a delay
while the computer recognises the cd and asks to press
any key for CD use. I do not press any key and behold the
computer boots up. If there is no cd in the drive, I get
the file message.

This seemed to coincide with trying to update my Bios
which would help the installation of SP2. This was not a
success-boot up has been very slow since uninstalling SP2.
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 12:43:04 PM

iAN wrote:
> ----------------------
>
> When I try to boot up with the A drive as the first drive
> to try I get
> Windows\sytem32\config\system file missing or corrupt
> message and it will boot up no further.
> If I change the ist drive on boot up to the CD-rom drive
> with Windows XP in the drive-There is obviously a delay
> while the computer recognises the cd and asks to press
> any key for CD use. I do not press any key and behold the
> computer boots up. If there is no cd in the drive, I get
> the file message.
>
> This seemed to coincide with trying to update my Bios
> which would help the installation of SP2. This was not a
> success-boot up has been very slow since uninstalling SP2.

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having
both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 8:38:09 PM

"iAN" <ebiz4u@gmail.com> wrote:

>When I try to boot up with the A drive as the first drive
>to try I get
>Windows\sytem32\config\system file missing or corrupt
>message and it will boot up no further.

See "How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545).

--
(tm)
!