Is my computer compatible with this graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

do3po3boy

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
I want to get a new graphics card.
I can spend 175 dollars.
so will my cpu : HP - Pavilion Slimline Desktop with Intel® Pentium® Processor Model: # s5212y
be able to handle this
Galaxy - NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card
If not, what do i need / is ther any other graphics card that will be compatible
thanks

Solution
Well, yes and no.

You have a PCIe x16 slot, which means the card is compatible. But no, you won't be able to run it because your power supply is only 220W. That's tiny. You probably won't be able to run any decent video card on that.

Basically, your best option is going to be finding a regular-sized case and moving everything into that. Then you can get whatever video card AND power supply you want.

Although the rest of your system is passable, not great. So if you were thinking about putting together a new system at some point ... well, replacing the case, PSU and video card would basically be half the parts for a new system anyway. So starting from scratch is worth considering.
Well, yes and no.

You have a PCIe x16 slot, which means the card is compatible. But no, you won't be able to run it because your power supply is only 220W. That's tiny. You probably won't be able to run any decent video card on that.

Basically, your best option is going to be finding a regular-sized case and moving everything into that. Then you can get whatever video card AND power supply you want.

Although the rest of your system is passable, not great. So if you were thinking about putting together a new system at some point ... well, replacing the case, PSU and video card would basically be half the parts for a new system anyway. So starting from scratch is worth considering.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.