Mobo for pentium D 925

DON89

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Hello :hello:

I have Pentium D dual core 925 processor 3.0 Ghz processor, Intel D945GCL motherboard, 1GB+512mb DDR2 FSB667 Ram, ATI RADEON (XFX) HD 4650 1Gb graphics card. But my mobo is not working. Warranty is over just a month ago. So I'll have to buy a new motherboard. The problem is I found no mobo compatible with my processor that is available in the market. One guy told me that Gigabyte G31 will be compatible but it gives processor rating in windows 7 only 1.5 where my old rating was 5.0. So please help me which mobo shall i buy now. No mobo of Intel those are available in market are compatible with my processor. Please help me with the exact model no of the motherboards those are compatible with my processor. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What's your budget? It might be better to buy a new CPU & motherboard, preferably AMD.

Also... I wouldn't use WEI to determine my CPU performance, it's really glitchy in the sense that weaker CPUs/GPUs can score higher than more powerful CPUs/GPUs. As long as your performance is fine I don't see why a WEI CPU index of 1.5 is that bad.

DON89

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010

The performance in G31 Gigabyte board was very bad. No games, HD video songs nothing runs smoothly. so performance was really too poor. And if I change processor and motherboard I'll have to change my 1GB+512mb DDR2 FSB 667 Ram also :( So if possible please help me with replacement of motherboard only. And if its impossible then tell me a good gaming configuration at low budget.

TRENDING THREADS