Help with overclocking amd phenom ii x6 1090t black edition

Dreaubaut

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Hello am new to overclocking and would like to ask some advice on how to begin

My system build is as follow's:

Thermaltake Mozart TX (case)
amd phenom ii x6 1090t black edition (CPU)
CORSAIR XMS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 x4 (16gig)
VisionTek 900339 Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP (GPU)
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W (Power Supply)
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G (Mother board)
Coolermaster V8 180W (CPU Cooler)

Ive never realy overclocked anything before but just built this rig last year and want a OC to play Skyrim better mainly and all around PC performance if theres any other info that is need just ask.

Solution
You can add a little vcore voltage to try and stabilize higher frequencies, but this will generate more heat, so you have to retest and watch temps at full load.

You also don't want the voltage to go over 1.45v (And I consider that a little high myself)

The goal is to go as fast (stable) as you can with minimum voltage and minimum heat.

Dreaubaut

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

I thank for the post but to me that wus like of work of walls that i dont understand ive tryed some of th steps mentionsed but all have ennded up crashing rig after 5min of loading windows plus im not sure if im even changeing the correct setting in BIOS because ther all labled diffrently iknow this rig should be able to be stabelly overclocked but would need some "visualy" help maybe like a video agin im sry for being the "noob" of this cround but i didnt know what half that stuff meant i just gessed at a brick wall and failed

if anymore is willing to give me dome assistanst id be greatful ( also cooling shouldnt be a issue since the airflow in mozart TX case has 16 120mm fans) i just need some help to put me over the edge so to speak would be greatful for any tips or advice on what to do 1st etc cause i rly dont wana bomb 1600$ of harware down the drain

Dreaubaut

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

thus far manage to get it to 3.78ghz OC Stock wus 3.23ghz useing stresstest for 3hrs no errors, havenot ajusted any voltage but to go any higher than this i needa know what voltage to adjust because it crashes to BSOD at 3.8 to 4.0 . Temps thus far are still rly low an stable full load wus 44c idle wus 19c the extremstresstest temps wus arouns 60c tho but i ausme thats common for a test

But from here how to go higher for a 4.0 or even 4.2 what voltage option do i raise and with this cpu will i see any sinifigant performance changes if i do get to those Ghz levels?

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
You can add a little vcore voltage to try and stabilize higher frequencies, but this will generate more heat, so you have to retest and watch temps at full load.

You also don't want the voltage to go over 1.45v (And I consider that a little high myself)

The goal is to go as fast (stable) as you can with minimum voltage and minimum heat.

Solution

Dreaubaut

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

Like to thank u for your advice after alot of test and fail with voltage im now stable at 4.2ghz to get this did have to replace my motherboard with crosshair V fourmula by asus but other than that im happy with this overclock so thanks for the help