which of the XEON will be better for applications like maya, after effects fus

ARSHAAVIN

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
hi there GUY's I m looking frward to buy a XEON. and i need help from u all. plz suggest me the best XEON CONFIGURATION FOR maya, after effects fusion ,combusTion and Zbrush. i'L think hav also. bt i dont know which will be the best from a vast XEON family.........u gotta help me....info about motherboard and any reliable nvidia quadro will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance!

i would' recommended the top system we have at work a liquid cooled dual xeon w5590's tyan board dual quadro fx 5500s and a gtx 275 but since thats bout 4 times your budget

i'd say
get dual
e5530 xeons
TYAN dual 5500 series board make sure to get one with least a pcie 2.0 slot
quadro fx 3700 series

it should come to bout $2200-$2300 but i'd hold out for a few months with the new nvidia carsd and new 12 core procesorss coming along there should be a lot of changes coming to the market

ARSHAAVIN

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010

a guy suggested me this board...Intel® Workstation Board S5520SC - Workstation-optimized dual processor, graphics-intensive applications. is it better ...or ur's is better

ARSHAAVIN

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
oh common people...... u gotta answer this thread . its not a hard question for u masters sitting out there, just dont read and pass by. ATLEAST give some suggestions. its not goin to help me alone bt to guys who r not familiar with xeon. thnks