Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Are these safe overclock settings for a HIS Radeon 7850?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 25, 2012 1:58:54 PM

I'm quite new to overclocking so I am using AMD overdrive to give my 7850 a slight increase in power, thats all i want to do, so please dont reccomend me another overclocking software. Anyway right now in overdrive I have:

Gpu clock set to 1000 Mhz

Memory clock set to 1350 Mhz

Automatic fan control, as i think it does the job pretty good.

Power control at 0% default setting.

I shouldnt need to increase the power control setting if im not experiencing artifacts or crashes etc? Its been running fine on battlefield 3 at ultra so far.

My PSU is a 650w And I have an i7 at stock clock speeds, that should be all the info required, thanks in advance for your advice.

More about : safe overclock settings radeon 7850

a c 103 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 25, 2012 2:09:29 PM

if you havent touched the voltage on the card then it is pretty hard to hurt the card no matter what settings you put the core/memory at....it will just crash if it cant handle it and even then you are not hurting it unless your temps are crazy high...which i doubt is the case in this situation..if you could just post your temps in game that would eliminate all doubt that your settings will hurt the card
m
l
July 25, 2012 2:16:13 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply. My temps when idling are about 25-30 degrees celsius

Under load, on a 64 player server with Ultra settings on BF3 i get to 55-60 degrees celsius. And still no artifacts as of now.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 103 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 25, 2012 2:24:23 PM

yea thats perfectly acceptable....to be on the safe side I try to keep my GPU temps below 80c under load...you are well below that you are fine and in no way causing harm to your gpu
July 25, 2012 2:28:02 PM

drums101 said:
yea thats perfectly acceptable....to be on the safe side I try to keep my GPU temps below 80c under load...you are well below that you are fine and in no way causing harm to your gpu

Thanks man I'll keep what you said in mind for any Overclocking i do in the future, cheers :) 
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 25, 2012 2:28:13 PM

no problem if you have any other issues with your pc you know where to look
m
l
July 25, 2012 2:28:14 PM

Best answer selected by MattoBro.
m
l