Please help me find the best cpu match for my vga

tharindu90rulesVir

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Hi All,
I've decided to go for an HIS Radeon 5870 HD after reading a couple of reviews and to make sure that I have Direct X 11 Support when games come rolling.
However I'm not updated about the latest technology that fits my budget ;) so I need your help trying to figure out which cpu I should by for the vga and motherboard I have.

The motherboard is a FOXCONN MARS Dual channel DDR2 1066(oc**)/800/667 x 4 DIMMs, Max. 8GB Board.
Follow this link for information please :)
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000338

The cpu I'm currently planning on buying according to my budget is an

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail.

If you have suggestions for a better motherboard and cpu (that's close to the prices of the combination I've put up)
to improve my gaming experience
(I care about the graphics on the environments rather than fixed objects themselves. cars for example like on Dirt 2)
please help me get a better pc :)

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006

For s775...this is true. ;)

If you're buying a graphics card so it'll support DX11 years into the future, I wouldn't go with a 775 socket chip. When the new games come rolling, you'll just end up replacing your CPU, motherboard and RAM. I'd either go with an i5/i7 chip now, or if that's too costly, wait a few months. You do not want a cutting-edge graphics card with outgoing CPU and RAM technology.