Why the temp is different from one core to another

Hi

I have i7 3770

I have Noctua NH-U12P SE2
the temp on idel for each core is

core 0 is 30
core 1 is 29
core 2 is 25
core 3 is 35

Should I reapply the thermal again?
12 answers Last reply
More about temp core another
  1. No. Its normal. Utilization is different for each core thus different temperatures for each core.
  2. As Skaz says - it's similar to how some games use 1 core, some 2 etc - they will get hotter.
  3. but as I saw some people post their temp with the same cpu, I do not see this big diffrent in temp among the cores!!
  4. mimo2002 said:
    but as I saw some people post their temp with the same cpu, I do not see this big diffrent in temp among the cores!!


    It doesn't matter. As stated, it's normal.
  5. ^
    as I used the small dot method "bigger than the rice"
  6. any idea about the above link?
  7. If your paranoid about it then just go ahead and re-seat your heatsink. =/
  8. mimo2002 said:
    any idea about the above link?


    I use AS5 myself, and have always used the small "pea sized" dot in the center of the CPU heatspreader. It's always worked VERY well for me, so I've never seen a reason to use what they actually recommend.

    I'm sure they've done tests, but the "pea-sized" dot method just "works" and does so very well.
  9. skaz said:
    If your paranoid about it then just go ahead and re-seat your heatsink. =/

    Dear skaz
    If you spend alot of money on your computer, you sure want everything perfect.
    This is my case, I spend alot and if consider the amount of money that I sepent and compare it with the thermal price ...

    I really do not know how paranoid I am.

    I live in a hottest country on the planet and temp really matter to me.

    so I think I will reapply the thermal again and see .

    Thank you
  10. DJDeCiBeL said:
    I use AS5 myself, and have always used the small "pea sized" dot in the center of the CPU heatspreader. It's always worked VERY well for me, so I've never seen a reason to use what they actually recommend.

    I'm sure they've done tests, but the "pea-sized" dot method just "works" and does so very well.

    as you can see I do some search to get best result.
    I have As5 and the noctua one, I have already used noctua and I will give a AS5 a try.
    thank you
    :)
  11. I used the line method and seems no diffrent
    :(
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Core Intel i7 Overclocking Product