Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Wow and School Laptop

Last response: in CPUs
March 9, 2010 8:55:07 PM

Im purchasing a laptop with a price limit of around $1500 i want to get something that will run wow on high settings clean with very stable framerates. This computer will also be used for college but as many of you know just about any gaming computer will easily run microsoft word lol.

Was Looking at the Toshiba Qosmio x505-Q870
Any thoughts or suggestions?

More about : wow school laptop

a c 131 à CPUs
March 10, 2010 10:59:44 AM

That laptop should be awesome if you don't mind not having a 1080p monitor.
Shouldn't have problems with WOW.
March 10, 2010 11:08:27 AM

souler said:
Im purchasing a laptop with a price limit of around $1500 i want to get something that will run wow on high settings clean with very stable framerates. This computer will also be used for college but as many of you know just about any gaming computer will easily run microsoft word lol.

Was Looking at the Toshiba Qosmio x505-Q870
Any thoughts or suggestions?

You may want to get one of these while your at it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Never liked laptop heat for gaming.
Related resources
March 10, 2010 12:43:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestion
March 11, 2010 6:56:17 PM

Doing some more research i found the asus g51jx-a1 for the same price. The smaller screen is almost a plus for me and i dont need the blueray drive, wondering if this would be a better option.

Best solution

a c 131 à CPUs
March 11, 2010 8:28:00 PM

There are a bunch of options for that Asus model. For this I will assume 6GB of memory and the same speed CPU as the toshiba.

The Toshiba will perform better for two reasons:
-6GB of memory will not provide a noticeable performance increase
-the Asus has a higher resolution screen. If you intend to play at the native resolution, you will get better performance from the toshiba. But of course, this also means that the Asus will look better.

However, I believe that the hardware setup will be more than enough for WOW for both so I would get the Asus because it will look better and the 6GB of memory could be more useful in the future. Besides, Asus seems to have a better reputation for reliability.
a b à CPUs
March 17, 2010 3:51:02 AM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
!