default XP settings for users

October 3, 2004 12:38:26 AM

How can I setup winXP so that all users have the same settings - let's say
the same default printer, the same internet settings (proxy) etc.

Does anybody know how to do this (preferably without having to edit
registry)

Thanks, L.

More about : default settings users

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 1:43:45 PM

Before creating new users after installing XP, customize the ntuser.dat for
the default user:

319974 - How To Create a Custom Default User Profile:

Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"L." <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:o pse892cgs32humt@jupiter...
How can I setup winXP so that all users have the same settings - let's say
the same default printer, the same internet settings (proxy) etc.

Does anybody know how to do this (preferably without having to edit
registry)

Thanks, L.

October 3, 2004 5:48:18 PM

Does this work only for local accounts or can I use it for domain accounts
as well?

Thanks