M810L v7.0a with Athlon XP 2600

Hello Readers
Can anybody give me an answer in regards to my PC Chips board M810LMR version 7.0a
The FSB I beleive is 200 and the original Processor has always worked well but somehow is a little slow for this era.
I have installed a new Athlon XP 2600 which should be about 1.8+mhz, unfortunately it is showing up as a 1.24mhz, this is not good.
According to PC Chips the laast BIOS update on this board was on 08/08/2003 but I have long since downloaded and installed the e-Support BIOS update that was dated June, 2007 which was around the time that I installed it, It showed the correct parameters before the CPU upgrade.
I hear that if I change my FSB to 133 that it will display the correct CPU, is this true, I don't know.
Can anybody help or direct me to a source.
Again the board is PC Chips M810L v7.0a (K7SEM), The BIOS are 2007 which I will be honest, I don't think it exist because the last PC Chips or ECS update was back in 2003.
Please Help
3 answers Last reply
More about m810l athlon 2600
  1. The BIOS most likely doesn't know what to do with the newer CPU. To be perfectly honest, you aren't going to see a speed increase by upgrading to a newer CPU on that socket unless you are running an older OS.
  2. Thanks to JediMasterBen, you have answered what I suspected but some people where able to get at least 1800mhz on this M810Lv7.1a with an XP2600, they claim that they modified the pins (Locked CPU) to accept only 1 setting (V-Core Voltage 1.7 and Multiplier18.5 x 100 FSB = 1850mhz.
    Unfortunately my new bios do not show the voltage, multiplier or the FSB like it use to, now is 100/100, 110/110 and so on. Thank you anyway, this is where I stop putting money into this unit and start saving for a new one that will last as long as this unit which has been 8.5 years.
  3. I have a pcchips m810lr (v7.0a), xp 2400+, 512 M pc133 memory and nvidia 6200. It actuall works without any modification. I have tried bios pcchips 030808 bios and the honey x's modified bios 01/03/2003. They both work. In order to have the fsb set to 133, I need to go to the bios menu "cpu PnP Setup" -> cpu speed and change the cpu speed. Pressing the "+" key to toggle the cpu fsb from fsb100 to fsb133. Now I use the honey x bios to overclock it to fsb140. And it is very stable.
    The pcchips m810lr faq site http://radel.inet.net.nz/m810lmr.html gives me a lot of info.
    I am currently using nvidia 6200 agp @ agp 1x. The sis agp v1.17 has a apg utility that can set up the agp to 1x so I don't have to play around the registry myself.
    I once used a ATI x1050 too, also @agp1x
    The performance of the system is still quite good for a old hardware like it. I can play quite a lot of old games such as call of duty 2, quake 4, medal of honor pacific assult on it.
    By the way, I run windows 2000.
    Hope this helps. It is fun to play around old hardware and see how far you can push them to.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs BIOS Windows XP