Your question

I5 3570K 4.3gHz voltage

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Intel i5
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
July 26, 2012 3:48:43 PM

I have recently bought whole new PC and when I first got it i have had nothing but instability after stripping back the poor overclock the company I bought from set and setting my own i finally got enough stability for about 8 hours prime and very high Intel burn test. Thou after about 3-4 hours gaming i would crash from ntoskernal after doing a reinstall and finding a few dodgy drivers i feel i could probably get a 15 or so hour prime test... but only at 1.26 vcore voltage and compared most people on the net that seem very high for ivy bridge I5 but if go any lower i fail in first 8 minutes of prime.

so qeustion is that voltage unusally ? or accetpible? could be i just got a bad chip ? if anyone has had similair could put my mid at rest.

More about : 3570k 3ghz voltage

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2012 12:48:13 AM

You won't get the same results compared to those who used SB era chips. Second Intel switched from fluxless solder to using low grade thermal compound to discourage people from overclocking and to reduce production costs. Going from using fluxless solder to compound degrades thermal performance and reducing the ability to overclock. Third with higher temps one needs to use higher volts in order to reach the same clocks and remain stable. Last but not least is that many of the people who are using this chip at lower volts are either still unstable or are using higher end cooling than your system.

A new cooler if the one installed is only a stock cooler or the one there isn't very good. I do know one solution to fixing the thermal issues that come with IB cpus but that will void any warranty.
July 27, 2012 12:53:11 AM

i have a non stock cooler, I don't have any thermal issues i ran at about 31c ideal 40-50 average gaming. It runs fine, tests could be better mind but i was mainly concerned about the voltage most people with ivy bridge are running at 1.20 volts mine is at 1.26 for the same overclock of 4.3 i just wondered if that was normal as i know no chip is the same. i just concerned that i might have got a very bad overclock chip.
!