Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

REQ: Enterprise season premire

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 12:29:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Aired week of Oct 10th?
5040
00004-54832-36606
Linus

Thanks

(not being carried locally this year) :( 
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 1:26:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:29:35 -0500, chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
wrote:

>Aired week of Oct 10th?
>5040
>00004-54832-36606
>Linus
>
>Thanks
>
>(not being carried locally this year) :( 

It's called "Storm Front", and is in 2 parts. Aired 10/8 and 10/15
here.

I found you were already in my address book. I'm sending part 1 now
(from my Replay called "Anomaly"). This one is called "Storm Front".
I'll send "Storm Front Part II" after this.

This should be better quality that what I sent before, considering
that I now get a UPN station from DirecTV.

--
69 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 2:07:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Awesome!

Thanks much Mark.


On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:26:33 -0500, Mark Lloyd
<mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:29:35 -0500, chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
wrote:

>Aired week of Oct 10th?
>5040
>00004-54832-36606
>Linus
>
>Thanks
>
>(not being carried locally this year) :( 

It's called "Storm Front", and is in 2 parts. Aired 10/8 and 10/15
here.

I found you were already in my address book. I'm sending part 1 now
(from my Replay called "Anomaly"). This one is called "Storm Front".
I'll send "Storm Front Part II" after this.

This should be better quality that what I sent before, considering
that I now get a UPN station from DirecTV.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 6:24:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

If no takers try www.poopli.com


From:chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com

> Aired week of Oct 10th?
> 5040
> 00004-54832-36606
> Linus
>
> Thanks
>
> (not being carried locally this year) :( 
October 18, 2004 6:24:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:24:38 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>If no takers try www.poopli.com
>

Or, better yet, look in the startrek binaries newsgroup.

>
>From:chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
>chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
>
>> Aired week of Oct 10th?
>> 5040
>> 00004-54832-36606
>> Linus
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> (not being carried locally this year) :( 
>
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 12:27:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Mark-

Sent you an e-mail about this.

Any chance you could send new Enterprise episodes each week?

Thanks.



On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:26:33 -0500, Mark Lloyd
<mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:29:35 -0500, chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
wrote:

>Aired week of Oct 10th?
>5040
>00004-54832-36606
>Linus
>
>Thanks
>
>(not being carried locally this year) :( 

It's called "Storm Front", and is in 2 parts. Aired 10/8 and 10/15
here.

I found you were already in my address book. I'm sending part 1 now
(from my Replay called "Anomaly"). This one is called "Storm Front".
I'll send "Storm Front Part II" after this.

This should be better quality that what I sent before, considering
that I now get a UPN station from DirecTV.
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 1:51:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:27:53 -0500, chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
wrote:

>Mark-
>
>Sent you an e-mail about this.
>

And I seem to have answered it. Somehow, I usually read email before
newsgroups.

>Any chance you could send new Enterprise episodes each week?
>

There's supposed to be a new one on tomorrow. I'm sending it as well
as new eposodes as they come on.

There's an episode list online
(http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/ENT/episod...)
that has this for season 4:

#77 10/08 Storm Front
#78 10/15 Storm Front (2)
#79 10/22 Home
#80 10/29 Borderland
#81 11/05 Cold Station 12
#82 11/12 The Augments
#83 11/19 The Forge
#84 11/26 Awakening
#85 12/03 Kir'Shara

I suppose you got #77 and #78 (Storm Front) OK.

BTW, the name of your Replay reminds me of "Peanuts". That's something
I used to read as a child. At the same time the original Star Trek was
on. Maybe that connection will help me to remember.

>Thanks.
>
>
>
>On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:26:33 -0500, Mark Lloyd
><mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
>
>On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:29:35 -0500, chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
>wrote:
>
>>Aired week of Oct 10th?
>>5040
>>00004-54832-36606
>>Linus
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>(not being carried locally this year) :( 
>
>It's called "Storm Front", and is in 2 parts. Aired 10/8 and 10/15
>here.
>
>I found you were already in my address book. I'm sending part 1 now
>(from my Replay called "Anomaly"). This one is called "Storm Front".
>I'll send "Storm Front Part II" after this.
>
>This should be better quality that what I sent before, considering
>that I now get a UPN station from DirecTV.

--
65 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 2:00:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Mark Lloyd wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:27:53 -0500, chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
> wrote:
>
>
>>Mark-
>>
>>Sent you an e-mail about this.
>>
>
>
> And I seem to have answered it. Somehow, I usually read email before
> newsgroups.
>
>
>>Any chance you could send new Enterprise episodes each week?
>>
>
>
> There's supposed to be a new one on tomorrow. I'm sending it as well
> as new eposodes as they come on.
>
> There's an episode list online
> (http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/ENT/episod...)
> that has this for season 4:
>
> #77 10/08 Storm Front
> #78 10/15 Storm Front (2)
> #79 10/22 Home
> #80 10/29 Borderland
> #81 11/05 Cold Station 12
> #82 11/12 The Augments
> #83 11/19 The Forge
> #84 11/26 Awakening
> #85 12/03 Kir'Shara
>
> I suppose you got #77 and #78 (Storm Front) OK.
>
> BTW, the name of your Replay reminds me of "Peanuts". That's something
> I used to read as a child. At the same time the original Star Trek was
> on. Maybe that connection will help me to remember.
>
>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>
>>
>>On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:26:33 -0500, Mark Lloyd
>><mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
>>
>>On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:29:35 -0500, chrisbNowaydoIwantspam@inav.com
>>wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Aired week of Oct 10th?
>>>5040
>>>00004-54832-36606
>>>Linus
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>(not being carried locally this year) :( 
>>
>>It's called "Storm Front", and is in 2 parts. Aired 10/8 and 10/15
>>here.
>>
>>I found you were already in my address book. I'm sending part 1 now
>>(from my Replay called "Anomaly"). This one is called "Storm Front".
>>I'll send "Storm Front Part II" after this.
>>
>>This should be better quality that what I sent before, considering
>>that I now get a UPN station from DirecTV.
>
>
I will be archiving Star Trek: Enterprise (This season) in Standard but
since my RTV is a 5504 I can't stream to the net with it.

West Wing,... Alas, I watch live
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 3:20:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:00:02 GMT, John in Detroit
<Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

[snip]

>I will be archiving Star Trek: Enterprise (This season) in Standard but
>since my RTV is a 5504 I can't stream to the net with it.
>

I meant to keep season 3, but most of it became a victim of hard disk
corruption. I'll have to wait for the DVD.

>West Wing,... Alas, I watch live

Do you like Farscape?

--
64 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 23, 2004 1:22:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Mark Lloyd wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:00:02 GMT, John in Detroit
> <Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
\
>>West Wing,... Alas, I watch live
>
>
> Do you like Farscape?
>

I refuse to pay the city's cable tax, Farscape is on the Si-Fi channel,
and thus not on my televisions. I believe I've seen part of it on DVD
but am not sure... If I have it was not impressively good, but it was
not impressively bad either,,, Which is to say I'd watch it
Anonymous
October 23, 2004 1:22:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:22:09 GMT, John in Detroit
<Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Mark Lloyd wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:00:02 GMT, John in Detroit
>> <Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>\
>>>West Wing,... Alas, I watch live
>>
>>
>> Do you like Farscape?
>>
>
>I refuse to pay the city's cable tax, Farscape is on the Si-Fi channel,
>and thus not on my televisions. I believe I've seen part of it on DVD
>but am not sure... If I have it was not impressively good, but it was
>not impressively bad either,,, Which is to say I'd watch it

I get Si-Fi on DirecTV, rather than cable (I could but decided to save
some money). I don't watch that show much, but happened to have
recorded the new "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars".

--
64 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 3:26:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> shaped the electrons to say:
>some money). I don't watch that show much, but happened to have
>recorded the new "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars".

That kicked so much ass.

I ended up burning 13 sets of DVDs of that off my TiVo 810H to send to
friends to missed it, or who lived outside the country...

-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
--
<URL:mailto:megazoneatmegazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-755-4098
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/&gt; <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/&gt; Eris
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 3:26:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:26:35 +0000 (UTC), newsREMOVE@THISmegazone.org
(MegaZone) wrote:

>Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> shaped the electrons to say:
>>some money). I don't watch that show much, but happened to have
>>recorded the new "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars".
>
>That kicked so much ass.
>
>I ended up burning 13 sets of DVDs of that off my TiVo 810H to send to
>friends to missed it, or who lived outside the country...
>

I'd guess that's a TiVo with built-in DVD and it took 2 DVDs for all 4
hours.

I could get it all on 1 DVD with the Replay & video editor on the
computer.

>-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762

--
57 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 5:34:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> shaped the electrons to say:
>I'd guess that's a TiVo with built-in DVD and it took 2 DVDs for all 4
>hours.

Yep, at the quality I recorded at anyway - I could've fit it on one at
the next level of compression.

>I could get it all on 1 DVD with the Replay & video editor on the
>computer.

And more hassle, I could do the same thing and didn't want to be
bothered.

-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
--
<URL:mailto:megazoneatmegazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-755-4098
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/&gt; <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/&gt; Eris
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 5:34:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:34:19 +0000 (UTC), newsREMOVE@THISmegazone.org
(MegaZone) wrote:

>Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> shaped the electrons to say:
>>I'd guess that's a TiVo with built-in DVD and it took 2 DVDs for all 4
>>hours.
>
>Yep, at the quality I recorded at anyway - I could've fit it on one at
>the next level of compression.
>
>>I could get it all on 1 DVD with the Replay & video editor on the
>>computer.
>
>And more hassle, I could do the same thing and didn't want to be
>bothered.
>

It does take awhile to edit out the commercials, although it's not
nearly as stressful as trying to do it in real time (while recording a
tape).

However, the process of recording and transferring to PC can be
automated (using DVArchive). I set up a category called "Export" on my
Replay. DVArchive is set to copy everything in that category to the
PC. I have the Replay set to record shows I want to put on DVD in that
category. Then, shows I like just show up in the proper directory on
my main computer. I don't have to do anything until they do.

You can still do other things on the computer, but will notice the
slowdown. In fact, I've got a couple now.

>-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762

--
57 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 7:16:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

> It does take awhile to edit out the commercials, although it's not
> nearly as stressful as trying to do it in real time (while recording a
> tape).
>
> However, the process of recording and transferring to PC can be
> automated (using DVArchive). I set up a category called "Export" on my
> Replay. DVArchive is set to copy everything in that category to the
> PC. I have the Replay set to record shows I want to put on DVD in that
> category. Then, shows I like just show up in the proper directory on
> my main computer. I don't have to do anything until they do.
>
The newest MPEG wizard loads the Replay evt file and places the CA marks
as bookmarks in the file. You just tweak them, hit go and it edits out
all the commercials and splices all the chunks together.
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 3:15:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 03:16:32 -0400, Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>
>> It does take awhile to edit out the commercials, although it's not
>> nearly as stressful as trying to do it in real time (while recording a
>> tape).
>>
>> However, the process of recording and transferring to PC can be
>> automated (using DVArchive). I set up a category called "Export" on my
>> Replay. DVArchive is set to copy everything in that category to the
>> PC. I have the Replay set to record shows I want to put on DVD in that
>> category. Then, shows I like just show up in the proper directory on
>> my main computer. I don't have to do anything until they do.
>>
>The newest MPEG wizard loads the Replay evt file and places the CA marks
>as bookmarks in the file. You just tweak them, hit go and it edits out
>all the commercials and splices all the chunks together.

And as I've said a lot before, it's better to do it (removing
commercials) manually. I choose "better" over "a little easier". Some
shows will be seriously messed up by CA.

--
56 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 4:09:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

MegaZone wrote:

> Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> shaped the electrons to say:
>
>>I'd guess that's a TiVo with built-in DVD and it took 2 DVDs for all 4
>>hours.
>
>
> Yep, at the quality I recorded at anyway - I could've fit it on one at
> the next level of compression.
>
>
>>I could get it all on 1 DVD with the Replay & video editor on the
>>computer.
>
>
> And more hassle, I could do the same thing and didn't want to be
> bothered.
>
> -MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762

One thing you can do that may well improve both compression and quality
of the replayed video is simply burn a data DVD instead of a video disk

To do this use your favorite DVD burner, Nero, Speedy CD, whatever comes
with you burner, and record the DVArchive files out of the Local_Guide
directory. Record all 4 files, Then the person you ship to can simply
copy the files back to his Local_Guide and play on his compuer (or
stream to the Replay) normally. In theory you might gain a bit of
compression (and one other advantage) by using Winzip to compress the
files The advantage is when they are unzipped into Local_Guide, they
retain the "Write Protect" attribute they originally had (Not protected)
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 4:10:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

Tony D wrote:


> The newest MPEG wizard loads the Replay evt file and places the CA marks
> as bookmarks in the file. You just tweak them, hit go and it edits out
> all the commercials and splices all the chunks together.

Tell me more
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 4:10:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

John in Detroit wrote:

> Tony D wrote:
>
>
>> The newest MPEG wizard loads the Replay evt file and places the CA
>> marks as bookmarks in the file. You just tweak them, hit go and it
>> edits out all the commercials and splices all the chunks together.
>
>
> Tell me more

Womble's more expensive big brother now uses the evt file to fill in
bookmarks on a file in the editing window. You can view the transitions
and move the markers if it is a false CA or to avoid having a second or
2 of a commercial show. You can add transition effects, etc and just
tell it to do it and you're ready to burn.
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 12:36:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:32:30 -0400, Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>John in Detroit wrote:
>
>> Tony D wrote:
>>
>>
>>> The newest MPEG wizard loads the Replay evt file and places the CA
>>> marks as bookmarks in the file. You just tweak them, hit go and it
>>> edits out all the commercials and splices all the chunks together.
>>
>>
>> Tell me more
>
>Womble's more expensive big brother now uses the evt file to fill in
>bookmarks on a file in the editing window. You can view the transitions
>and move the markers if it is a false CA or to avoid having a second or
>2 of a commercial show. You can add transition effects, etc and just
>tell it to do it and you're ready to burn.

Can these markers become chapter points for DVD? That would be a
useful feature.

--
55 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 3:22:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:09:19 GMT, John in Detroit
<Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:


>One thing you can do that may well improve both compression and quality
>of the replayed video is simply burn a data DVD instead of a video disk
>
>To do this use your favorite DVD burner, Nero, Speedy CD, whatever comes
>with you burner, and record the DVArchive files out of the Local_Guide
>directory. Record all 4 files, Then the person you ship to can simply
>copy the files back to his Local_Guide and play on his compuer (or
>stream to the Replay) normally.

I've done this with *some* success. I have an APEX DVD player
(portable) and for some reason about 33 minutes into the movie, it
stops. I haven't reasearched this yet, but think there may be a file
limit problem (?1GB?) for some DVDs.

Any ideas?

-- david
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 3:41:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:22:43 -0600, David Luner <Luner-tic@tds.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:09:19 GMT, John in Detroit
><Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>
>>One thing you can do that may well improve both compression and quality
>>of the replayed video is simply burn a data DVD instead of a video disk
>>
>>To do this use your favorite DVD burner, Nero, Speedy CD, whatever comes
>>with you burner, and record the DVArchive files out of the Local_Guide
>>directory. Record all 4 files, Then the person you ship to can simply
>>copy the files back to his Local_Guide and play on his compuer (or
>>stream to the Replay) normally.
>
>I've done this with *some* success. I have an APEX DVD player
>(portable) and for some reason about 33 minutes into the movie, it
>stops. I haven't reasearched this yet, but think there may be a file
>limit problem (?1GB?) for some DVDs.
>
>Any ideas?
>
> -- david

It this problem with a standalone DVD player, or with a computer DVD
drive? That's confused here.

Standard (video) DVDs seem to use files no larger than 1GB. What
software is creating larger files?

As for data DVDs, I regualrly use 2GB files, which is the maximum that
Ghost creates.

--
55 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 4:14:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:41:25 -0600, Mark Lloyd
<mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:22:43 -0600, David Luner <Luner-tic@tds.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:09:19 GMT, John in Detroit
>><Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>...simply burn a data DVD instead of a video disk
>>>
>>>To do this use your favorite DVD burner, Nero, ... Record all 4 files,
>>
>>I've done this with *some* success. I have an APEX DVD player
>>(portable) and for some reason about 33 minutes into the movie, it
>>stops. I haven't reasearched this yet, but think there may be a file
>>limit problem (?1GB?) for some DVDs.
>>
>
>It this problem with a standalone DVD player, or with a computer DVD
>drive? That's confused here.

Standalone DVD player. I have no problem playing the files on my PC.

>
>Standard (video) DVDs seem to use files no larger than 1GB. What
>software is creating larger files?

I'm just using NERO to burn data (MPG. EVT, XML and the other thing)
to DVD media. That may be the crux of the problem if "normal" DVD's
only have "files" up to 1GB. (Since I know nothing about official DVD
formats).

>As for data DVDs, I regualrly use 2GB files, which is the maximum that
>Ghost creates.

I've had no PC problems with .mpg files on data DVD media over 4GB.

-- david
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 5:31:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

>>
>>Womble's more expensive big brother now uses the evt file to fill in
>>bookmarks on a file in the editing window. You can view the transitions
>>and move the markers if it is a false CA or to avoid having a second or
>>2 of a commercial show. You can add transition effects, etc and just
>>tell it to do it and you're ready to burn.
>
>
> Can these markers become chapter points for DVD? That would be a
> useful feature.
>

The evt file marks the commercials. The editor can make them chapter
points, but I don't see how that would be particularly usefull other
than for removing said commercials.
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 8:49:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:31:01 -0500, Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>
>>>
>>>Womble's more expensive big brother now uses the evt file to fill in
>>>bookmarks on a file in the editing window. You can view the transitions
>>>and move the markers if it is a false CA or to avoid having a second or
>>>2 of a commercial show. You can add transition effects, etc and just
>>>tell it to do it and you're ready to burn.
>>
>>
>> Can these markers become chapter points for DVD? That would be a
>> useful feature.
>>
>
>The evt file marks the commercials. The editor can make them chapter
>points, but I don't see how that would be particularly usefull other
>than for removing said commercials.

What I was thinking of was in addition to removing commercials. If you
left the commercials in, this would give your DVD player the
equivalent of Show|Nav.

--
55 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 8:53:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:14:50 -0600, David Luner <Luner-tic@tds.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:41:25 -0600, Mark Lloyd
><mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:22:43 -0600, David Luner <Luner-tic@tds.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:09:19 GMT, John in Detroit
>>><Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>...simply burn a data DVD instead of a video disk
>>>>
>>>>To do this use your favorite DVD burner, Nero, ... Record all 4 files,
>>>
>>>I've done this with *some* success. I have an APEX DVD player
>>>(portable) and for some reason about 33 minutes into the movie, it
>>>stops. I haven't reasearched this yet, but think there may be a file
>>>limit problem (?1GB?) for some DVDs.
>>>
>>
>>It this problem with a standalone DVD player, or with a computer DVD
>>drive? That's confused here.
>
>Standalone DVD player. I have no problem playing the files on my PC.
>
>>
>>Standard (video) DVDs seem to use files no larger than 1GB. What
>>software is creating larger files?
>
>I'm just using NERO to burn data (MPG. EVT, XML and the other thing)
>to DVD media. That may be the crux of the problem if "normal" DVD's
>only have "files" up to 1GB. (Since I know nothing about official DVD
>formats).
>

Then you have a data DVD, not a video DVD. How are you using that in a
standalone DVD player? Not many can read MPG files. If yours does,
you'd have to see it's manual for info on that.

>>As for data DVDs, I regualrly use 2GB files, which is the maximum that
>>Ghost creates.
>
>I've had no PC problems with .mpg files on data DVD media over 4GB.
>
> -- david

--
55 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 1:34:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

>>>Can these markers become chapter points for DVD? That would be a
>>>useful feature.
>>>
>>
>>The evt file marks the commercials. The editor can make them chapter
>>points, but I don't see how that would be particularly usefull other
>>than for removing said commercials.
>
>
> What I was thinking of was in addition to removing commercials. If you
> left the commercials in, this would give your DVD player the
> equivalent of Show|Nav.
>

A Replay demo disk.
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 1:34:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:34:13 -0500, Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>>>>Can these markers become chapter points for DVD? That would be a
>>>>useful feature.
>>>>
>>>
>>>The evt file marks the commercials. The editor can make them chapter
>>>points, but I don't see how that would be particularly usefull other
>>>than for removing said commercials.
>>
>>
>> What I was thinking of was in addition to removing commercials. If you
>> left the commercials in, this would give your DVD player the
>> equivalent of Show|Nav.
>>
>
>A Replay demo disk.

What?

What I'm talking about has nothing to do with advertising the Replay.
It's about making a useful feature available to people playing those
DVDs.

--
55 days until the winter solstice celebration

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 1:52:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

David Luner wrote:

> I've done this with *some* success. I have an APEX DVD player
> (portable) and for some reason about 33 minutes into the movie, it
> stops. I haven't reasearched this yet, but think there may be a file
> limit problem (?1GB?) for some DVDs.

I was refering not to playing them on a DVD player, but to either 1:
Copying them back to the Local_Guide folder on a computer with DVArchive
or playing them with POWER DVD in file mode or one of the better DVD
compatable MPEG players (Still on a computer)

A good number of dvd players can't touch a MPEG, but any computer with a
half decent video card and at least 366 Mhz intel p2 cup can do it.

I know... That's how I do it
!