Clean install is not completely clean

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi

I deleted the partition and formatted the disk on a win2k PC and installed
win xp from scratch. Now that I have searched in the win xp registry, I
still find references to apps that were installed on the win2k PC. Why is my
clean install not completely clean?

Thanks

Regards

"John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote:

>I deleted the partition and formatted the disk on a win2k PC and installed
>win xp from scratch. Now that I have searched in the win xp registry, I
>still find references to apps that were installed on the win2k PC. Why is my
>clean install not completely clean?

This cannot be references from the old Registry as long as you did not
import old settings or install the same applications. It may be
default Registry entries in Windows XP (f. e. for backwards
compatibility).

--
(tm)