CPU: I5-3570K
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+
Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud3h
GPU: Gigabyte HD 7870 OC
Ram: Corsair vengeance 8 GB (2x4gb) low profile
PSU: Corsair TX 650 V2
HD: Western Digital Blue 500 GB
Case: Haf XM

I was overclocking my CPU starting from the 40x multiplier and going up by 1 increment. I tested at each level for basic stability using the Linx program. I had it setup to use around 6gb of ram (only 6.5 was available) and run 10 times. I hit up to 4.2 Ghz without any increase in voltage and started getting BSOD's. So I was slowly increasing the vcore up to about 1.16v from 1.13v (the default) at 0.005v increment ( heard that you had to go slowly) and tested each time. I kept getting BSODs but Linx was able to run longer before failing after each increment, Temperatures never reached 80 C at any of these tests. After testing at 1.16v I got another BSOD as usual and then when resetting the PC, I get a blank screen saying no input display on the monitor. No Bios flash screen, no windows splash screen. My computer boots up, all the lights turn on, fans turn on. GPU and CPU cooler fans are on. HDD led light activity is on. I tried resetting the CMOS and that didn't work, I left it alone unplugged for a couple of hours, plugged it back in, nothing happened, tried using different ram sticks on different modules, nothing, I swapped graphics cards and nothing happened. Still no display. I don't know what the problem is.

Edit: I updated what I said above, i tried swapping ramm and changing video cards. Is it the motherboard?

More about : bsod display

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2012 1:13:33 AM

Did u reset the right way?
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2012 1:13:44 AM

Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmo...

Related resources
July 27, 2012 1:26:05 AM

nikorr said:
Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmo...

Yes I made sure I unplugged the cord and pressed the reset cmos button as according to the motherboard manual. I replugged in the cord and powered on, everything is as before, it boots but no display.
m
l
July 27, 2012 1:37:31 AM

I can confirm it's not posting when I attach the little speaker to the motherboard, I hear no beep.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2012 1:42:05 AM

m
l
July 27, 2012 2:22:11 AM

I tried the suggestions in another tomshardware thread. I started by only leaving the cpu and hsf on, everything else is taken out. The Speaker outputs a series of beeps. Ok, now I insert the 1 ram stick. The speaker is silent and the debug console indicates it as an error D7 (in the manual this pertains to No Console Input Devices are found), what does this mean?) Should i proceed and plug in the video card or is this the problem?
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2012 2:24:05 AM

Check all the cables, make sure they are not lose and are all the way in.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2012 2:24:55 AM

m
l
July 27, 2012 2:32:58 AM

Just did, still not working.
m
l
July 27, 2012 4:43:32 AM

I did some research on the internet and it seems that error is due to no key board attached. I tried all usb ports but my keyboard won't turn on.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2012 5:13:26 AM

Try to clear CMOS again, but remove the GPU first.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2012 5:13:40 AM

Can u get in the BIOS?
m
l
July 27, 2012 5:16:22 AM

There is no bios screen or windows splash screen at all. I can't access bios or anything. I can't even use the keyboard. I'm trying to reset the cmos by taking off the battery this time. The keyboard works fine, I just plugged it into my other computer. It was recommended to wait 20 minutes in this other thread so I'm leaving the battery out for that time than I will try again.
m
l
July 27, 2012 5:23:37 AM

Ok i disconnected the battery, I disconnected all cables leading onto the motherboard, I disconnected the power supply, how long should I wait for? I also disconnected the GPU.
m
l
July 27, 2012 6:02:27 AM

No use, I can't get the keyboard to work, no bios splash screen, no windows screen, still shows that D7 error on debug console of motherboard. Its weird because my mouse laser lights up when i plug the mouse but the keyboard doesn't power, can't press any key. Num lock key doesn't light up. I think i'm just going to rma the board. Unfortunate since this build was only built yesterday.
m
l
August 3, 2012 12:46:23 AM

Best answer selected by Unknownvirus.
m
l
!