Sign in with
Your question

Vapor-X or aftermarket cooler?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2009 2:30:26 PM

So, I'm trying to decide if I want a Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X or just go with a different card with and aftermarket cooler. I'm thinking the Thermalright T-Rad2 GTX looks nice. Vapor-X would be cheaper when they are finally in stock, but aftermarket might be better? I'm not going for crazy overclocks, mostly I want it on the quiet side. Only other drawback I can think of with aftermarket is that there would not be automatic fan control. Unless...I cut the fan lead, sodered on a standard pwm plug and then hooked up a PWM splitter to it. Then I could hook up PWM fans and the card would control them? Anyway, let me know what you think!
January 14, 2010 2:09:39 AM

Will all i can say is Why all the that , no Get the Vapor it's 10% OC and runs up 6 degrees cooler idle and more than 15 when loaded and that is so awesome
m
l
January 14, 2010 7:31:53 AM

Well, if u already have the card later, since it's a brand new card, i would say continue with the stock cooler that came with the card, if u change to the aftermarket cooler then u just voiding your warranty... :) 
As far as i know, vapor-X from sapphire is a very nice cooler.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2010 7:38:02 AM

be aware that some cards has a sticker on top of the clips thats holds the stock cooler. removing that voids your warranty.

id say get the vapor-x.
m
l
January 14, 2010 7:19:47 PM

vapor x!!
m
l
!