Are my voltages correct??

yasitha2

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Following is a snapshot of hardware monitor. It shows abnormal voltages. Is it correct?
volt.png

Or Is it due to an bios bug?

Following is my system specification

MB Intel DG41RQ
CPU Q8400 core2quad
Ram 3GB
HDD hitachi 7200 sata 160GB
Two DVD writers
VGA on-board accelerator

Solution
Im impressed that it got your 3.3V rail correct, there are no good voltage monitoring software that i have found, and HW Monitor certainly isnt accurate when it comes to voltage readings, currently its reading my +12V as 6.59V, it generally reads it as somewhere around there, however BIOS and a DMM both agree that it is right around 12V.

There are only two good ways to check voltage, and only one way to know that they are accurate, check your voltage readings in BIOS, its the easiest and is fairly accurate, if you want to know that you have accurate readings use a digital multimeter to check.

yasitha2

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I am not sure about the PSU. But I checked voltages in the bios setup ardware monitor.
In it 12V is 12.1XXV
and 5V is 5.12XV

so I think the software value are different because of a bios bug. what do you think?

Im impressed that it got your 3.3V rail correct, there are no good voltage monitoring software that i have found, and HW Monitor certainly isnt accurate when it comes to voltage readings, currently its reading my +12V as 6.59V, it generally reads it as somewhere around there, however BIOS and a DMM both agree that it is right around 12V.

There are only two good ways to check voltage, and only one way to know that they are accurate, check your voltage readings in BIOS, its the easiest and is fairly accurate, if you want to know that you have accurate readings use a digital multimeter to check.

Solution

I know one thing for sure! If that were the right voltage readings the computer would be gone up in smoke! Trust your BIOS readings.

jack_attack

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I'd second BIOS readings. HWMonitor gives me near matching readings of my BIOS, but I've read a lot of people aren't so lucky. I'm wondering what's going on with the 8500 though, could be telltale or a completely different issue altogether. Still, what's the make and model of the PSU?

geraldamalraj

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
my system hangs while playing any video/games after installing the drivers of 9500GT and its a very new system. i donno the root cause of it. i have checked the 9500GT grap card with the service center and it works fine." please suggest any solution for this problem