Remote Desktop & Control Alt Del command How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I sign in to my server, I need to access the task manager while using
remote desktop.
I cannot or do not know how to invoke control alt delete from a remote
desktop session., so I can see the processes running. Is there another way to
see this other then with control alt del.?
Thanks

Tom,

If you can see the toolbar on the remote desktop, right-
click then select Task Manager.

I have never used Remote Desktop but I know that is
another way to get to the Task Manager

Wolfe

Ctr-Alt-End
"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I sign in to my server, I need to access the task manager while using
> remote desktop.
> I cannot or do not know how to invoke control alt delete from a remote
> desktop session., so I can see the processes running. Is there another way
> see this other then with control alt del.?
> Thanks

On the same note, when the remote computer was frozen up, and cannot open any application, the only way is open the task manager to kill the process that froze the computer. I can understand why if there is a way to send Alt-Ctrl-Delete to a remote desktop is handy. There is a problem with try to use any thing else (task bar of run a command thru the run box) since when the computer is totally frozen, none of those are available to use.