Sign in with
Your question

How do i can restore my free space?

Last response: in Storage
December 19, 2011 8:09:13 AM

Last week I installed NFS Hot Pursuit, 3 days later i got bored and uninstall it..

but when i uninstall it, the uninstaller went freeze and can't be clicked..then i decide to wait it for a few hours, but i got no result - the uninstaller keep freezing and take alot of CPU usage..so i restart my computer before it gets overheating..

But when i try to uninstall it again by control panel, the NFS HP disappeared from the installed program list! And there's no directory folder for my NFS HP, but my free space wont back as before i installed NFS HP..

now i got confused, really2 confused..i can't remove the file because it wasn't appear in my storage or somehow it can't be detected by the HDD..

I need your help to find out what is going on, and how to delete that invisible directory with it's contents in it..

thanks in advance, fast response would be much appreciated :) 

More about : restore free space

December 19, 2011 8:43:32 AM

This is the best I thing I could give as an advice:

1. Try locating your NFS installation folder (usually in the Program Files folder). Is it still there?
If yes, just delete the folder and clear it from the Recycle Bin (OR just use the Shift+Delete combo)
2. Download CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) and install it, use the Cleaner and Registry tabs to perform a dump sweep (but be careful, always double check things before confirming the cleanup)
m
l
December 19, 2011 9:22:08 AM

friskiest said:
This is the best I thing I could give as an advice:

1. Try locating your NFS installation folder (usually in the Program Files folder). Is it still there?
If yes, just delete the folder and clear it from the Recycle Bin (OR just use the Shift+Delete combo)
2. Download CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) and install it, use the Cleaner and Registry tabs to perform a dump sweep (but be careful, always double check things before confirming the cleanup)

1. Like i said before, i can't locate nor find the directory. I think it was accidentally deleted while the uninstaller freezing, but the volumes didn't want to restore to it's original size like before i install the NFS. So the directory folder was disappear, but the volumes wont back.

2. Done that, but still no result. Or should i wipe free space? What is the function of wipe free space?
m
l
Related resources
a c 374 G Storage
December 19, 2011 11:12:14 AM

Go to my computer. Right-click the drive NFS was installed on and select "properties". Now click on the "check now" button under error checking and make sure that "automatically fix file system" is checked. If it asks to schedule it during the next reboot, say yes, then click ok, then reboot. See if that reclaims any space.
m
l
December 19, 2011 11:54:35 AM

Hawkeye22 said:
Go to my computer. Right-click the drive NFS was installed on and select "properties". Now click on the "check now" button under error checking and make sure that "automatically fix file system" is checked. If it asks to schedule it during the next reboot, say yes, then click ok, then reboot. See if that reclaims any space.

it says no errors, and no restored volume..

uhh, i don't have any idea how to get my free space back..any more suggestions?
m
l
a c 374 G Storage
December 19, 2011 11:59:43 AM

Are you sure the missing space is from NFS and not something else like restore points or the trash can? Run disk cleanup. On the advanced tab, it will allow you to delete all but the last restore point. On the main tab, just select which file types you want removed.

Also, you can try this utility, windirstat. It shows a graphical representation of your drive and files making it easier to see what is taking up all the space.

http://windirstat.info/
m
l
December 20, 2011 9:32:40 AM

Hawkeye22 said:
Are you sure the missing space is from NFS and not something else like restore points or the trash can? Run disk cleanup. On the advanced tab, it will allow you to delete all but the last restore point. On the main tab, just select which file types you want removed.

Also, you can try this utility, windirstat. It shows a graphical representation of your drive and files making it easier to see what is taking up all the space.

http://windirstat.info/

i don't know, but it still didn't work :( 
m
l
a b G Storage
December 20, 2011 10:33:27 AM

Try reinstalling the game, reboot, and then uninstall again and reboot. It has worked for me in the past with other programs.

Also, when you are uninstalling, make sure you are not doing anything else on the computer. Let the uninstall program have the machines undivided attention.
m
l
December 20, 2011 10:52:31 AM

tlmck said:
Try reinstalling the game, reboot, and then uninstall again and reboot. It has worked for me in the past with other programs.

Also, when you are uninstalling, make sure you are not doing anything else on the computer. Let the uninstall program have the machines undivided attention.

do i need to reinstall the game at the same directory paths like past?
m
l
a c 374 G Storage
December 20, 2011 11:13:06 AM

Yes, that would make the most sense since the uninstaller needs to clean up the previous folders, registry entries, and disk space.
m
l
December 20, 2011 11:27:43 AM

Hawkeye22 said:
Yes, that would make the most sense since the uninstaller needs to clean up the previous folders, registry entries, and disk space.

oh okay, will give it a shot later..i need to take some rest for a while, due to basketball match last time :D 
m
l
!