Intel 320 120gb firmware question

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
really my questions are

what was the bad firmwares,
whats the newest good firmware
if my firmware is bad, and i dont upgrade, what are the odds that the problems would arise?

i asked intel this, and am still waiting on a response, and still waiting on if the firmware fails and the drive bricks, is it covered in the warranty, but ill ask it here too, as im only expecting the warranty information from intel.

Solution
If it bricks it is covered by Intel for 5 years. Like any drive, just do reasonable backups.

As long as you have a UPS so your power doesn't go out in the middle of a firmware update, Intel updates have always been trouble free for me.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
awsome, thanks, i dont like the idea of ever messing with firmware unless its absolutely unnecessary, due to bricking possibilities.

that said, i have yet to hear back from intel on the if it does brick, is it covered in warranty.

RealBeast

Titan
If it bricks it is covered by Intel for 5 years. Like any drive, just do reasonable backups.

As long as you have a UPS so your power doesn't go out in the middle of a firmware update, Intel updates have always been trouble free for me.

Solution