Solved

Please help me identify this 4850.

I ordered an 4850 from microcenter.com
It was this http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0291846

But I got a card with one HMDI port, One Displayport port, and one DVI port. The card is still a 4850 though. The serial number (S/N) is PG0902045525.

Now, I would like to know If I should send this back, or keep it because it is better than what I ordered. I have looked through newegg, bestbuy, microcenter, and a few others, but could not find this exact card model. Please help me tomshardware, and your infinite wealth of knowledge.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about please identify 4850
  1. Best answer
    Look for the manufacturer name and the card model number on the card - either a sticker or printed on the board itself, then google it. You should be able to find the card's specs on the mfr's. website.
  2. You are saying you ordered an HD4850 and you received an HD4850. The number and kind of ports differ from what is listed on the site? If this makes you unhappy send it back I guess but I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.
  3. Their site only lists one version of the 4850 512 meg. That is the one posted on Microcenter, which I bought. I obviously do not have what is listed on either of the sites though.
  4. jyjjy said:
    You are saying you ordered an HD4850 and you received an HD4850. The number and kind of ports differ from what is listed on the site? If this makes you unhappy send it back I guess but I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

The specs listed on the microcenter site is not what I received. The sites listed on the Visiontek site, which is the manufacturer, the specs are different from what I have. This is not the right model of card, which is why I want to identify it.On microcenter, is lists as 2 DVI connectors, and an Svideo, whereas the card in my possession only has one DVI, an HDMI, and a displayport port.

And the point of this is that I have all the things I need for a dual DVI setup. I use two VGA monitors, and I have those conveters. But the display port to VGA is 30 dollars, which I can't spend. And I want the card in which I paid my money for.

Not only all of the above, but it specifically says on the box the card came in that it has 2 DVI connections, and one Svideo, which the model in my possession doesn't.
  5. 1. Look at the cooler, usually the manufacturer has stickers/paint job on it.
    2. Go to the manufacturer's website

Really kind of simple, the standard process.
  6. sabot00 said:
    1. Look at the cooler, usually the manufacturer has stickers/paint job on it.
    2. Go to the manufacturer's website

Really kind of simple, the standard process.

Website does not show this model which I have.
  7. well you could send it back if it doesn't fit your needs nor the description on the site...
  8. I am probably going to just go into the store and get the one which was supposed to be in this box.

I guess this is solved.... I wanted to know the model but meh.
  9. If it is functional and actually an HD4850 then why return it? Honestly the outputs you are saying it has sound like a better selection than what is listed in that link.
  10. Must be like the guy asking for 100FPS in CS:S, no 80 FPS isn't good enough, must be 100.
  11. its a visiontek 4850
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics