Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Choosing a motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
July 27, 2010 7:26:01 AM

Hello,

please suggest me to get the best x58 mother board for my i7 930

1.And also, in terms of overclocking and product standard which company is the best( asus or gigabyte or something else)

2.What is 24 phase power....is it necessary?

detailed explaination will really help me.....coz i am a newbie

Thanks!!

More about : choosing motherboard

a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2010 8:25:01 AM

What is your budget? I recommend the Asus P6X58D-E if it fits your budget.

1. In terms of extreme overclocking features, it's between Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte and MSI mainly.

2. Power phases just help with overclocking, it's necessary to have a few just as standard, but 24 is quite a lot - people can overclock quite well with just 8 or so, and some power phases don't really kick in until higher overclocks.

m
l
July 27, 2010 11:23:25 AM

Lmeow said:
What is your budget? I recommend the Asus P6X58D-E if it fits your budget.

1. In terms of extreme overclocking features, it's between Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte and MSI mainly.

2. Power phases just help with overclocking, it's necessary to have a few just as standard, but 24 is quite a lot - people can overclock quite well with just 8 or so, and some power phases don't really kick in until higher overclocks.

my budget is 400 dollars and i want to overclock to 4 ghz+.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 27, 2010 3:05:12 PM

ruffandruff said:
Hello,

please suggest me to get the best x58 mother board for my i7 930

1.And also, in terms of overclocking and product standard which company is the best( asus or gigabyte or something else)

2.What is 24 phase power....is it necessary?

detailed explaination will really help me.....coz i am a newbie

Thanks!!

just go with Asus...if you wana extreme OCing.....

1-P6X58D-E is really good mobo....... as it supports 6g/s sata 3, 3.0 USB ....but there is only one problem.. its lay out for crossfire or Sli is not good as there are 4xPCI-E 2.0.......but at single card solution its better choise.....

2-if you wana crossfire or Sli then p6t dulex v2 is best by its layout but not supports sata 3 and USB 3.0 but pretty good mobo.......

and

3- if you have more budget then just go with asus rampage 3 extreme which i'm also using right now with i7 930.... extreme performance.... extreme overclocking at more stable point...... supports new features.... quad crossfire/sli..... its rock....

i think now you can get right thing for your i7 930.....
August 8, 2010 8:41:33 AM

Best answer selected by ruffandruff.
m
l
!