Help with Bios, Dual Monitor

ChehSun

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
I found out that putting my 4770 seemed to turn of my integrated video
but i want to use that for 2nd monitor, i was told to go to bios but i have yet to figure it out
I bring up display and it asks me to activate 2nd monitor but nothing happens
Screens

PnP/PCI Configuration

Init Display First [PCI Slot]
Resources Controlled by [Auto]
->IRQ Resources [Press Enter]
PCI/VGA Palette Snoop [Disabled]

Maximum payload size [4096]

Onbard Super IO

Onboard (something ) controller [enabled]
Onboard Serial Port [Auto]
Ir IO/IQR Select [Auto]
UR2 Duplex Mode [Half]
Onboard paralel [37 / IRQ73]

AGP Aperture Size [64mb]

is it any of this, or anyone know where
Also i have a new SATA drive, can i copy the whole C and D drive so that i pretty much move the os and everything over
Thanks

First you don't use the onboard GPU and the Dedicated GPU (4770) at the same time. The 4770 is capable of handling the 2 monitors that your using. You need to plug both monitors into the 4770. So if you have 2 x DVI ports, than you'll need to plug each monitor into a slot.

To arrange multiple monitors
This procedure applies when two or more monitors are connected to one computer.

Than:

Open Display in Control Panel.
On the Settings tab, click Identify to display a large number on each of your monitors, showing which monitor corresponds with each icon.

Click the monitor icons and drag them to positions that represent how you want to move items from one monitor to another, and then click OK or Apply to view changes.

Additional notes:

To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.

The icon positions determine how you move items from one monitor to another.

For example, if you are using two monitors and you want to move items from one monitor to the other by dragging left and right, place the icons side by side. To move items between monitors by dragging up and down, place the icons one above the other. The icon positions do not have to correspond to the physical positions of the monitors. You can place the icons one above the other even though your monitors are side by side.

If you put in a dedicated graphics card, you cant use the integrated graphics off the mobo (except if you use Lucid Logic Virtue, but that's for video transcoding, not displays). You should be able to plug both monitors into the HD4770 ( I have two monitors running of one card, its possible).