Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will the TX3 EVO and Hyper 212 EVO fit in one of these motherboards?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 27, 2012 12:34:00 PM

Will the TX3 EVO and Hyper 212 EVO fit in one of these motherboards?

Asrock H61M-DGS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ASUS P8H61-M LX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
July 27, 2012 1:25:26 PM

Links don't work for me but the limiting factor is usually the case and where the RAM sticks need to go.

If you have tall heat spreaders on your ram and use all the slots, you will probably need to shift the fan up the heat sink a little to clear the first stick of RAM. Otherwise just leave the first slot open.
m
l
July 28, 2012 3:15:53 AM

Z1NONLY said:
Links don't work for me but the limiting factor is usually the case and where the RAM sticks need to go.

If you have tall heat spreaders on your ram and use all the slots, you will probably need to shift the fan up the heat sink a little to clear the first stick of RAM. Otherwise just leave the first slot open.

I fixed the links
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
July 28, 2012 3:42:16 AM

Just looked at the links. I don't think either board will be a problem for either the TX3 or the 212. You may not even have to shift the fan up the heat sink to dodge the first ram slot.

However, the case you put the MB and fan into could cause fitment issues. Which case are you using?
m
l
July 28, 2012 1:55:05 PM

Z1NONLY said:
Just looked at the links. I don't think either board will be a problem for either the TX3 or the 212. You may not even have to shift the fan up the heat sink to dodge the first ram slot.

However, the case you put the MB and fan into could cause fitment issues. Which case are you using?

I'm using the Cooler Master USP 100, for ATX and mATX.

Will there be problems?
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
July 28, 2012 8:42:38 PM

The 212 will probably be "snug" (without a side-mount fan on the inside of the door.)

The TX3 should have no trouble fitting.
July 29, 2012 8:30:34 AM

Best answer selected by ModernKamikaze.
m
l
!