What GTS 250 cards will sli with an EVGA 9800GTX+?

Ok, I have an EVGA 9800GTX+ card running on an ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE board and i was wondering what GTS 250 cards will safely SLi with with this card. I know the memory and clock speeds have to be the same but i was wondering if anyone has done this who can let me know it actually works.
8 answers Last reply
More about what cards evga 9800gtx
  1. If you mean brands,then any brand should be fine,and yes it should work as long as both have the same memory
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/msi_geforce_gts_250_N250GTS-2D1G_review/
    "NVIDIA says the GeForce GTS 250 will run in SLI with the 9800 GTX+, but the two cards must have the same amount of memory in order for SLI to function: you won’t be able to pair a 1GB GeForce GTS 250 with a 512MB GeForce 9800 GTX+."
  2. In the past ( pre8800 )a 512 card and a 1gig card could be sli'ed together but only 512 memory would be used, no ?..... didn't read the link.
  3. swifty_morgan said:
    In the past ( pre8800 )a 512 card and a 1gig card could be sli'ed together but only 512 memory would be used, no ?..... didn't read the link.

Correct.
  4. Maziar said:
    If you mean brands,then any brand should be fine,and yes it should work as long as both have the same memory
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/msi_geforce_gts_250_N250GTS-2D1G_review/
    "NVIDIA says the GeForce GTS 250 will run in SLI with the 9800 GTX+, but the two cards must have the same amount of memory in order for SLI to function: you won’t be able to pair a 1GB GeForce GTS 250 with a 512MB GeForce 9800 GTX+."

i knew that different brands would work but i read somewhere they might have to have the same amount of 6 pin connectors. it would probably be best to just buy one of a better card and sell the 9800.
  5. When did it change from having to be the exact same chip ? I know most of the line up is just rebranding but i could have sworn last time they rebranded the cards didnt SLI ?

Mactronix
  6. I thought 8800GT/9800GT could SLI each other.
  7. sabot00 said:
    I thought 8800GT/9800GT could SLI each other.

Really because I heard they couldn't be
  8. sabot00 said:
    I thought 8800GT/9800GT could SLI each other.

Although they have the same specs,in general you can't SLI them however i have seen some users reporting that with flashing a 8800GT's BIOS to a 9800GT's BIOS you can SLI them,but its risky and not recommended really
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards EVGA SLI Graphics