Sign in with
Your question

Building the worlds best pc

Last response: in Systems
January 3, 2010 12:15:42 PM

hello there guys, how are you all,

had a question ,

i am building a new pc and need help i want to build the worlds fastest pc :bounce: 
for everything ,gaming,running multiple softwares,money does not matter i want performance. iam currently using the following:

core 2 duo e7400 stock clock
2gb ram
250gb hard drive
512mb 9800gt
500w psu

I want to buy the complete setup means system,monitor,keyboard,mouse,speakers,going to keep the current pc also.

-
looking forward to the intel setup not amd , trying to future proof the system.

and will be trying to overclock the cpu and gpu . so a motherboard with software overclocking support will be nice.
a water cpu cooler maybe.
so any suggestions,comments, will be much appreciated,
thanx all..... :) 

More about : building worlds

January 3, 2010 2:47:45 PM

When & where are you buying? How many monitors? What OS?
m
l
January 3, 2010 3:29:45 PM

naveedbichu said:
hello there guys, how are you all,

i am building a new pc and need help i want to build the worlds fastest pc :bounce: 
for everything ,gaming,running multiple softwares,money does not matter i want performance. iam currently using the following:

This sound a lot like what I'm doing. If you are interested in the build i'm planning, take a look here. The entire build will probably run around $2000: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277536-31-kick-1250-r...

You have to ask yourself, "how much does money not matter"? For instance, for $1,000 you can get the Intel i975 Extreme core processor, but for only about $250-300 you can get the i860 which comes very close to it (or sometimes beats it) in many of the benchmark tests. Are you willing to spend 3 times as much for 10% or less increase in performance? Note that I use the i860 as an example because the price difference between the 860 and 870 is about 250 dollars and it's very easy to overclock an i860 to i870 equivalent.

On that same note, you could purchase 6 SSDs and RAID them together to get blazing performance - but it will cost you around $3000 and you won't be able to take advantage of the speed a majority of the time. So please specify if you want to build the absolute ultimate system (will run you over $10,000 easily) or if you are looking for something reasonable but great.

I'm not quite sure what "future proofing" the system means because usually when I build a new system I always start from scratch. If you are looking to every year or so upgrade (maybe faster ram, maybe faster processor, faster graphics card) then I think buying most anything made in the past few months or so would fit that description. But I'm by no means an expert on "future-proofing" a system.

m
l
January 3, 2010 3:35:11 PM

Budget plz.....in the meantime, go to the top of the page and put your budget value in the search bar....you'll get lotsa answers to read while this thread generates some answers.....and even if you spend $6k, no it won't be the world's fastest PC. :) 
m
l
!