RAM is showing different speed

This has been abit confusing to me as I purchased this RAM:

6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 998805
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226121

The speed on the specs say 1600 but after I installed it, when it boots up it says 1066 instead. Is there extra steps I need to take?

here's my specs from CPU-z:

Memory

SPD
11 answers Last reply
More about showing speed
  1. Hi.

Enter to the BIOS and change this things:

CL: 6
    tRCD: 8
    tRP: 6
    tRAS: 24

Set the voltage in auto and test the rig with memtest86+ and prime95 for stability if u get some problem go to the BIOS and change the voltage of the RAM to 1.65V.
  2. Thanks I'll give it a shot. I'll report back with the results. (btw saw you got a CM hyper 212, I have that too. It's amazing, fyi heh)
  3. Yeah, but I'm building my own LCS system for replace my current Hyper 212+ ;)
  4. ok, i noticed that after i changed the memory frequency to 1600 and input the settings you suggested, i noticed my cpu speed went down to 2.6 ghz (im using i7-950 chip) im assuming the cpu is adjusting itself for it? how would i go about keeping my main core speed? though i would like to bring iy up to 4ghz. any tips? also doin the memtest now

edit: seems when i attempt to run the test for single cpu it doesnt do anything else after 3 seconds. then when i try
    mutli cpu it doesnt do anything beyond 0 seconds.
  5. What mobo do u have?
  6. This one:

EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58 SLI LE Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188049&Tpk=x58%20SLI%20LE

Here's some more shots of CPU-Z
    CPU

Cache:

I also took some shots of my BIOS:

Main Page

(the CPU speed didnt change when I reset the RAM back to the defaults until I did a CMOS reset)

Voltage Control

Memory Control
  7. Set the CPU host frequency to auto and theCPU clock ratio to 23.
  8. thatll increase my core to 4ghz and bring the ram to 1600?
  9. As far I know the 950 runs @ 3.06 right?

Set both specifications to auto and the RAM specs as I say up.
  10. unfortunatley that didnt work. my pc wouldnt boot and i had to reset my cmos again
  11. Still having issues with this. is there any specific voltages I should change? Also, I'm not getting any auto setting for the CPU Frequency. I still wanna get it to 4ghz with RAM at 1600
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory DDR3 RAM Product