Sign in with
Your question

P6TD Deluxe Occasional "No Post"

Last response: in Motherboards
July 27, 2010 4:50:13 PM

I've had this build for a few months. The first time the problem occurred, it eventually quit booting completely. ASUS replaced the mobo and I was ok for a few weeks. Now when I start the machine in the morning (I shut down using the OS at night) I hear the fans and see the mobo lights through my tower, but the monitor never comes up and the machine does not post. If I turn it off using the power button on the tower, wait and turn it back on, it will eventually come up. Once the machine is completely up, I have no problems with it (not even occasional gliches). If I use the OS to reboot the system, I never have the 'No Post' problem. Please help.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 V Motherboard
July 28, 2010 12:15:33 PM

Try updating your BIOS.Also it seems that have OC'd your CPU,return everything to default speeds and check again.If it didn't help,run memtest for about 4-8hrs and check if it detects any errors or not
m
l
July 28, 2010 2:24:42 PM

Maziar said:
Try updating your BIOS.Also it seems that have OC'd your CPU,return everything to default speeds and check again.If it didn't help,run memtest for about 4-8hrs and check if it detects any errors or not

BIOS is current - I updated it on the first mobo (which did the same thing), the mobo they sent me already had the most current BIOS. I will try the other items and see what happens. Thanks for taking your time to try to help me.
Harold
m
l
Related resources
July 31, 2010 8:05:20 PM

Cleared CMOS memory (removed the battery as well)
Returned everything to stock speed
Ran MEMTest: 5hr test with no errors

Everything is fine now. Starts everytime I touch the power on button. Frustrated on why I can't OC the machine. CPU is good on Prime 95 at 4000MHz, RAM is good, New mobo and new PSU. Any suggestions?
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 V Motherboard
July 31, 2010 8:25:27 PM

I think either your PSU has some problems giving enough power when you want to turn on your machine,or your motherboard maybe defective, can you test either of this components in another system ? or test another PSU/Motherboard on yours ?
m
l
August 7, 2010 5:49:12 PM

1912451,5,289170 said:
I think either your PSU has some problems giving enough power when you want to turn on your machine,or your motherboard maybe defective, can you test either of this components in another system ? or test another PSU/Motherboard on yours ?[/quote

I do not have anyway of testing the PSU/Motherboard. I am going to take my whole machine to Geek Squad and have them put my machine on their test equipment to determin what my problem is. I will let you know as soon as I get and answer.
m
l
February 24, 2011 5:17:44 AM

It's been a while but I'm having similar problems. Did you ever get an answer to why your machine was no occasionally posting?
m
l
March 3, 2011 12:42:18 PM

hotdog1942 said:
I've had this build for a few months. The first time the problem occurred, it eventually quit booting completely. ASUS replaced the mobo and I was ok for a few weeks. Now when I start the machine in the morning (I shut down using the OS at night) I hear the fans and see the mobo lights through my tower, but the monitor never comes up and the machine does not post. If I turn it off using the power button on the tower, wait and turn it back on, it will eventually come up. Once the machine is completely up, I have no problems with it (not even occasional gliches). If I use the OS to reboot the system, I never have the 'No Post' problem. Please help.

After testing a lot of things, I finally found my problem. I had a bad video card. After 6 months of worry, I finally changed my video card and not a trouble since. Thanks for all your reply.s for trying to help me.
m
l
!