No POST tried checklist

jg32879

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I am running an ASUS M2N32SLI Premium. I have already tried the checklist to no avail. Both video cards are working, I tried them seperately as well. The PC6400 OCZ Gold Edition RAM sticks were all tried seperate and paired. On power up CPU Fans spin, green light on mobo lights, but no post. Cleared CMOS twice. Checked all power cables and mobo cables, all are plugged in correctly.

Boot the system with one DIMM RAM in slot 1 and the video card only. Unplug everything else including hard drive(s), optical drives, PCI cards, case fans, etc. Also, check the ASUS online support page CPU support list and see if the board's BIOS supports the CPU you are using.

jg32879

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
1 more question. Any reccomendations on a new mobo? I use a socket AM2 CPU, and 4 sticks of RAM and would like to get my computer back up without spending too much on it. I am willing to try another brand or model

The fault with your computer is more likely than not due to a faulty power supply. I know it powers up, but the power good pin may not be at the correct level. This is a common failure mode for an old power supply. I suggest that you try changing the power supply before going to the expense and difficulty of replacing the motherboard / processor.