Problems with new computer.

rnpcck

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Ok, so I just set up my computer.. Specs are
ASUS Maximus III Formula
EVGA GeForce GTX 470
Ram is G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333mhz PC3-10666 2GBx2 (F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM is the model)
CPU is a CoreI5 680 3.6ghz LGA-1156 dual core
750 watt antec power source

When I turn it on, everything turns on, fans, lights, etc.
except there's no beeps and there's a red light in the Q-LED section by the VGA. I have another gfx card that i tried. It's a GeForce 8800 GT. Same problem. So I tried the part-by-part diagnostic. nothing but the CPU and fan and PSU in, it beeped to tell me there was no RAM, so i put in the RAM, and tried again, no beeps this time and it comes up with the previous problem with the VGA deal. so I ordered new RAM.. G. Skill DDR3-1333mhz PC3-10666 2GBx2 (model is F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK).. Said in the motherboard's manual that this new RAM is compatible. Tried that today and it still came up with the exact same problem. tried the part by part diagnostic again, same deal. Anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong? Could it be a faulty motherboard or something?

I just did a test with ROG connect hooked up to a laptop and it says "Detect Memory" then goes to "Check CPU" and doesn't move from there. Problem with my CPU?

rnpcck

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
yea i double checked everything, triple checked too. :S how would i go about figuring out how much power my PSU is giving out? or are you just talking about the wattage of it? it's a 750w PSU, i checked an estimate of how much i'd need minimum on various sites with PSU calculators and they all said at least 700. should i have gotten an 800 or more?