Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What is the best program to OC my Sapphire 5850?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2009 9:20:04 PM

What is the easiest, efficient, and most user friendly program I can use to overclock the 5850? Where can I get/download it?

More about : program sapphire 5850

December 30, 2009 9:25:55 PM

A easy program is The utility in CCC that comes with ATI driver package suite, I myself recommend RivaTuner which you can download from guru3d.com or just google it, it's simple and good, i would google good clocks or threads for your GPU as you can't go to far without decent cooling and that the chip has a limit.
RivaTuner is widely used 'cause it supports a wide selection of cards, bugfree and doesn't crash , you have a simple interface but also advanced options for the hardcore OC'er, but they will warn you if you go in on the advanced sections so dont worry, i also recommend increments off pushing to about 15-20 mhz each time and then try a game when you see artifacts back off the clocks and check again.
m
l
December 30, 2009 10:43:03 PM

+1 for rivatuner

use furmark to stress test your overclock, monitor temps during the test.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 30, 2009 10:49:41 PM

liquidsnake718 said:
What is the easiest, efficient, and most user friendly program I can use to overclock the 5850? Where can I get/download it?

The easiest and most user friendly program you can use is the overdrive tool in the ATI Catalyst Control Center. You'll need to be in advanced mode to get to it.

Its main flaw is it doesn't give you a lot of room for OCing but you have the peace of mind of the ones available almost always being stable.
If you want to OC it further then as the others said RivaTuner is the best solution (although I haven't used it much).
January 8, 2010 9:58:19 PM

edeawillrule said:
The easiest and most user friendly program you can use is the overdrive tool in the ATI Catalyst Control Center. You'll need to be in advanced mode to get to it.

Its main flaw is it doesn't give you a lot of room for OCing but you have the peace of mind of the ones available almost always being stable.
If you want to OC it further then as the others said RivaTuner is the best solution (although I haven't used it much).

I downloaded rivatuner but i was also wondering if my board is capable of handling decent cpu and gpu overclocks....

it is a 3 year old Intel DG35EC motherboard with a gigabyte Gpower cooler..... my GPU is a 5850 and I have some decent air cooling due to the good case.... what can you advise for me to do?
m
l
January 8, 2010 10:22:22 PM

liquidsnake718 said:
I downloaded rivatuner but i was also wondering if my board is capable of handling decent cpu and gpu overclocks....

it is a 3 year old Intel DG35EC motherboard with a gigabyte Gpower cooler..... my GPU is a 5850 and I have some decent air cooling due to the good case.... what can you advise for me to do?

You'll have to ask someone else about cpu overclocking as I've never attempted it and don't know how. As for gpu overclocking it's dependent on your gpu itself not on your motherboard :]

Radeon HD 5850s can be OCed like crazy I might add, I have mine maxed out in the Overdrive tool but many people have gotten it over 1Ghz with voltage tweaks and stuff in other applications. You'll want to ask someone else about getting higher than the Overdrive max, since I think you need a special MSI bios or something.
m
l
January 8, 2010 10:35:18 PM

edeawillrule said:
You'll have to ask someone else about cpu overclocking as I've never attempted it and don't know how. As for gpu overclocking it's dependent on your gpu itself not on your motherboard :]

Radeon HD 5850s can be OCed like crazy I might add, I have mine maxed out in the Overdrive tool but many people have gotten it over 1Ghz with voltage tweaks and stuff in other applications. You'll want to ask someone else about getting higher than the Overdrive max, since I think you need a special MSI bios or something.

MSI Afterburner works with all vendors.
m
l
January 8, 2010 10:37:24 PM

sabot00 said:
MSI Afterburner works with all vendors.

I know, but I thought you had to flash a special bios to the card or something though?
m
l
January 15, 2010 9:21:28 PM

liquidsnake718 said:

Use the ATI catalyst control centre that comes with your card. It does not allow you to overclock by a large amount though. If you want to push your card further than what CCC allows, get rivatuner as mentioned before.
m
l
!