Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I7 3770k water cold by XSPC Raystorm RX360 Extreme Universal CPU Water

Last response: in Overclocking
July 28, 2012 3:01:00 AM

This is my first pc build and im thinking about water cooling the cpu only. But i have a few question about it.

First off my specs.

case: corsair 800D
cpu: i7 3770k
mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155
GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW
PSU:CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850

This is the water cooling kit im going to use.
XSPC Raystorm RX360 Extreme Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit w/ RX360 Radiator and Free Kill Coil!
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15140/ex-wat-203/XSPC...

I'm going to change the pump to Swifttech MCP655 and get the black edition bracket-intel.

Questions:

1. Will this water cooling kit work on my cpu, the 3rd gen intel i7 cpu 22nm LGA 1155?

2. Is this a good cpu water cooling kit?

3. What coolant is the best when i buy it? XSPC EC6 Coolant - 1L Clear?

4. What would be the temps for the 3770k with this water cooling kit?

5. Should i switch the fans and get 6 Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition 120mm High Static Pressure best for radiators and use them in push/pull?

6. Im going to mount the radiator(push/pull) on the top of the 800D, should it be intake or exhaust? Its the 4th picture which has the rad at intake. Picture here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1594911

7. Will that intake setup be good?

8. Should i use Shin-Etsu thermal paste or use the thermal paste it comes with or what is the best thermal paste for this water cooling kit?

9. Do i have to buy coolant over and over again?and if so how long will 1 liter last? (might use XSPC EC6 Coolant - 1L Clear)

10. Will 1 liter of coolant be enough or do i have to buy more?

The new ivy bridge are warm than the sandy bridge so i have to use a custom water cooling instead of the h100. I will overclock the 3770k to 4.0- 4.5ghz. i want to know if this water cooling kit will keep my 3770k about 35c-60c mabe 70c at load. But i think this kit will cool it down even more then that.

I will only be using the water cooling kit for the CPU.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 28, 2012 6:00:34 AM

that is a lot of questions but from the questions i can tell that you have done some reading so with that said your doing fine

I like the fan/radiator shroud method to building systems 3 fans with a shroud can preforme as well as 6 fans mounted directly to the radiator

as far as mounting the cpu block that is a matter of having the right mounting hardware for that CPU the block itself is fine

yes you will have to flush/fill the system every 6 months so no 1 liter will not last forever

Best solution

a c 184 à CPUs
a c 149 K Overclocking
July 28, 2012 7:51:27 AM

1997071,1,1353809 said:

Questions:

1. Will this water cooling kit work on my cpu, the 3rd gen intel i7 cpu 22nm LGA 1155?
Yes, the Raystorm CPU block supports socket 1155.

2. Is this a good cpu water cooling kit?
Yes it is, it includes a good pump, CPU Block, and Rdaitor.

3. What coolant is the best when i buy it? XSPC EC6 Coolant - 1L Clear?

Do not use coolant, use distilled water. It is much cheaper and performs much better.
Coolant can gunk of your blocks and screw you in the end.

4. What would be the temps for the 3770k with this water cooling kit?
There are too many variables for this, such as ambient temperature.

5. Should i switch the fans and get 6 Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition 120mm High Static Pressure best for radiators and use them in push/pull?
See what the performance is like with the 3x included fans, then decide if you want to add those in.

6. Im going to mount the radiator(push/pull) on the top of the 800D, should it be intake or exhaust? Its the 4th picture which has the rad at intake. Picture here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1594911
Exhaust.
2 fans pulling upwards
radiator goes here
2 fans pushing upwards

7. Will that intake setup be good?

You want the fans to be push pull, all fans aiming up wards.

8. Should i use Shin-Etsu thermal paste or use the thermal paste it comes with or what is the best thermal paste for this water cooling kit?
Use the stock paste, it is perfectly fine.

9. Do i have to buy coolant over and over again?and if so how long will 1 liter last? (might use XSPC EC6 Coolant - 1L Clear)
DO not use coolant, use distilled water. Watercooling loops should be refilled around every 6-12 months, however if there are no problems you can run it even futher.
10. Will 1 liter of coolant be enough or do i have to buy more?

Use 1-2 Gallons of distilled water.
Coolant is a REPLACEMENT for distilled water, not an additive. You will need more than 1 liter if you go this route, but it is not recommended.
Related resources
July 28, 2012 8:13:26 PM

Best answer selected by Spade9.
a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
July 30, 2012 1:25:55 PM

This topic has been closed by Rubix_1011
!